Going to court in two days, what to expect?

Discussion in 'General' started by DankMedical, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Well I've gone to court, but never for anything of this measure. I have had all my previous charges removed/expunged from my record, but now I'm going in for possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, a class B felony.

I'm 18, no priors as I stated.

What can i expect from this in New Hampshire.

:confused:

2. How much did you pay your lawyer?

3. A felony isn't a walk in the park even if it is your first time...

4. [quote name='"Casador88"']How much did you pay your lawyer?[/quote]

I have a lawyer who has specialized in drug offenses for 20 years, he was around $3000. And I know a felony ain't no walk in the park

5. Expect the worse and hope for the best. -Simple Answer. On the other more likely to happen hand prepare to be asss fucked by corrupted police,judge and Jury with strap on dil-dos until your anus starts to bleed or you hang yourself with a rope. Or you could get lucky and only get shot and killed randomly without reason. -Complicated Answer

6. Expect it to be remanded about 1400 times before they decide to drop the charge or give you a $500 fine.

At least, that's how it works in Canada.

7. #8 ThePot, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2012
    NH is very anti-marijuana for a place that is 'live free or die'. Straight from NORML -

"Sale
    Includes possession with intent to sell.

The sale of less than 1 oz. is a felony punishable by a maximum sentence of 3 years imprisonment and a maximum fine of $25,000.

The sale of 1 oz.-5 lbs. is a felony punishable by a maximum sentence of 7 years imprisonment and a maximum fine of $100,000.
    Persons under 21 years of age will face a driver's license suspension for 90 days- 1 year." dmv is also very strict

how are you planning on being innocent/ found not guilty and how much did you have? what made it intent to distribute and not just possession?
    If anything you should have just asked your lawyer, that's what he's there for.... If he's any good you'll probably just get a slap on the wrist, I hope. expect to probably pay some gay fines, maybe a rehab program, probation, loss of license maybe at least

8. Fine, probation, community service, if the prosecutor is a dick maybe a few days in jail

9. Jailtime no doubt.

10. Your from NC but going to court in NH... A southerner in a northern state selling MJ. Take some KY with you too court as you will not be able to stop before you drop. Felony= More than one year in prison.

Good luck, let us know how it goes...

11. [quote name='"RC Flyer"']
    Your from NC but going to court in NH... A southerner in a northern state selling MJ. Take some KY with you too court as you will not be able to stop before you drop. Felony= More than one year in prison.

Good luck, let us know how it goes...[/quote]

This guy ahaha. I moved recently didn't change my info.

12. [quote name='"ThePot"']NH is very anti-marijuana for a place that is 'live free or die'. Straight from NORML -

"Sale
    Includes possession with intent to sell.

The sale of less than 1 oz. is a felony punishable by a maximum sentence of 3 years imprisonment and a maximum fine of $25,000.

The sale of 1 oz.-5 lbs. is a felony punishable by a maximum sentence of 7 years imprisonment and a maximum fine of $100,000.
    Persons under 21 years of age will face a driver's license suspension for 90 days- 1 year." dmv is also very strict

how are you planning on being innocent/ found not guilty and how much did you have? what made it intent to distribute and not just possession?
    If anything you should have just asked your lawyer, that's what he's there for.... If he's any good you'll probably just get a slap on the wrist, I hope. expect to probably pay some gay fines, maybe a rehab program, probation, loss of license maybe at least[/quote]

I had 27.5 gs and like 30 bags with nothing in them, no scale. The search was illegal which Is why I believe I'm not in too deep shit.

13. And why do you think the search was illegal?
    Nothing really changes, your still going to be from the wrong part of town so to speak....

Like I said Good Luck....

14. He had no probable cause or anything and when I denied the search he went ahead anyway

15. Expect no humanity to follow you inside.

They want your money, not your justice.

16. umm your most likely have alittle jail time at worst but most likely probation and shit like that man luckly!

17. Just thought I'd give everyone an update on the situation, went to court my lawyer got me a deal to plea guilty to class b misdemeanor of simple possession of a controlled drug and in return the felony was dropped, I had a choice of either 90 day Loss of license or a year of probation, took the license lose. Sucks but atleast I'm back blazing!!!'

My advice is lawyer up, they will save your ass

18. With no priors they'll likely drop it down to a misdemeanor just so it doesn't totally fuck you on jobs and life. You might do some jail time or you might just get slapped with like 6 years of probation lol and/or house arrest.

edit: just saw the update. That's whatsup. I guess since it was first offense they dropped the penalty a good bit.