Going to Copenhagen

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by bowsh0931, Jan 21, 2010.

1. So I am heading to Copenhagen in a few weeks. The plan was actually going to be to take my girlfriend to Paris and propose to her at a spot that I had found when I was there alone when we first started dating, but the bitch left me a few weeks ago after 2 1/2 years to go back to her ex. So, instead of going to Paris and being depressed about what I had planned for the last year, I am going to visit a friend in Copenhagen. I plan to take plenty of pictures, but I also plan to do a lot of writing.

I've always written alot, I started writing when I first got with my girl as a way of expressing how I felt when I was too nervous to say it to her. Now, I feel like my writing has really progressed. I had a couple poetry classes in college (got A's in both), and I just had this crazy idea about going to copenhagen and writing. Then, just leaving what I write wherever I am. If I'm sitting in a park and something comes over me, I will write it, and just leave it there. Maybe someone will pick it up and become inspired by it.

Maybe its dumb, but I've always been intrigued by the thoughts of random people. I always walk down the street and wonder what some of these other people are thinking about. I would think it would be amazing to find a poem in my hometown written by someone from another country about their experiences in the city.

Anyone else ever done anything similar to this?

2. sounds like a great idea man, i've never done anything like that but i'm sure your words will help someone.

3. #3 dr0ss, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2010
    Yeah! You will LOVE Copenhagen! Way more chill and stoner friendly than Paris to me. I've been three times and I was there for a month last summer and it was the Best. Christiania is tops. Also, I've done what you've said. But mostly on bar napkins (or a little more rebellious) on walls in public places. Take pictures is all I can suggest because you will forget what you wrote and regret that you don't have a record of it. Have a blast. It's so much fun there, even in the dead of winter and the Turkish Kufte and the Danish people are to die for.

Scene from A Danish Park:

[​IMG]

4. Have a nice trip, i am sure you will love it in Copenhagen, it's a wonderful city. Being a Dane and having spent a lot of time there, i can tell you right away that it's a place you will want to return to once you've been there.

Some time ago i made a thread about Christiania, you might want to check it out:

http://forum.grasscity.com/recreational-marijuana-use/317565-christiania-place-visit-d.html

Enjoy your stay in DK! :D