Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Going to college, need some advice

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Indie, Jul 19, 2009.

1. I'm gonna disagree with most people and say smoke INDOORS. One of the few times I smoked outdoors, I got arrested. Just use a bong and blow the smoke right out the window, works every time and doesnt smell up the room.

2. Find out what your dorm policy is first before you smoke inside. For mine, if you get caught with weed, they'll evict you immediately. If yours is anything like that you might wanna consider finding a good spot to smoke outside, because it would be a major buzzkill to not have a place to live.

3. I'm going to be a freshman next year as well.

I have two roommates instead of one, so I definitely don't want to smoke in my dorm room. I'll have a car at school so I can always smoke in my car if nobody is around, but I can also just drive around / park somewhere if needed and then just go right back to my dorm to chill.

4. #24 mscbuck, Jul 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
    I will bold the general guidelines, but I will also interject little anecdotal experiences that may or may not help you decide. All of this has been covered by most of the excellent people here, but here is my guide:

1. Definitely what I quoted is the first first step for smoking in the dorm room. Hell, if you wanna be super safe, just don't smoke in your room and only smoke in friendly places, but obviously, this isn't the question, so on we go

2. Make sure your roommate is alright with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. I'd recommend holding off smoking at all in your rooms for the first week or two till you start to get a feel for how often RA's do rounds, when they do their rounds, if police ever patrol the dorms (which does happen, so find out for sure), if there are people deathly against smoking that would report you if they knew you were, etc. Find out with things other than weed if you can block out smell outside your door. Use something that smells really heavily, like popcorn, etc. Find out if air is blowing into your room and out your window, or the other way around. In my building, I was on the 4th floor high above most everything around me and air was always being sucked OUT the window combined with the central air in the building, so I was super lucky. These are the little things you should check before you even take the risk, which in some places, is HUGE

When you think you are ready, make yourself a spoof (even though depending on your situation you may not need one if you have a window and good airflow). If you want, get a shower cap and place it over a smoke detector. I've seen people do that, but most people I know do not. Smoke detectors are risky in that some really only will detect ACTUAL smoke, and a lot of people will tell you that marijuana smoke is too thin really for it to be detected. Probably true in some cases, but I don't' doubt that it COULD set of a smoke alarm, so do whatever makes you feel most comfortable, fair enough?

4. Now, once you check those things, you should be able to find out what kind of things you can do in your room...

In most all situations, a vaporizer should be just fine, and low risk. Hardly any smell, but make sure you MONITOR YOUR TEMPERATURE ON IT. Sometimes vapes can get too hot and they do indeed start to burn your weed depending on the type of vaporizer you have. One time with my box vape, some pieces of weed fell into the actual heating element and did start to burn and smoke. This was NOT GOOD. But for the most part, vaporizer's have little to no smell, and any smell can be played off most likely as popcorn. You should feel pretty safe with vaporizers. I would say the worst case scenario is that a vaporizier will be just fine.

Now, if you feel like there is the opportunity to do a bit more, make damn sure first, and I'd recommend you move on to one-hitters. I'd recommend just simple handheld bubs, chillums, or even small tubes. Basically, just pack whatever you know you can rip in one inhale. This will leave off no smoke from the bowl at least. Try and hold it in as long as possible to breathe out the least amount of smoke, because one thing people always forget about which stinks after smokin weed is your breath. And of course it will get super hazy if you just breathe out a ton. If you have a spoof, use it JUST for safety. Although people can often still smell weed through a spoof, on the margin you might as well do it. One thing I also used to do was just hold it in, get a pillow, and just shove my face in that and exhale. Your pillow stanks, but it's better than smoke just billowing in the room.

If you wanna be straight up retarded, smoke a joint and blunt in your room.

Again, what ever anyone said in this thread, including myself, is not 100% foolproof. But if you are really careful and investigate very thoroughly the environment around you, if you invest in some odor killer, some spoofs, a vaporizer, and just some COMMON SENSE, you should be fine.

5. i wouldn't dare smoking in my dorm, I've had friends kicked out from FSU, UF for smoking in there dorms.
    I'd just some in my vehicle/outdoors/friends' for another year. Thankfully I'm getting my own place though :)

6. Biggest issue is going to be smell. The only precaution I took was closing my door.

I had a small room too with a smoke alarm. I put a fan next to the window and no worries :smoke:. Honestly unless they do room checks I would not be worried.

Find a good hiding place. I used a kleenex box with a false bottom to hide my bud.

If you have a roommate make sure hes cool with it. and use LOTS of frebrezz on your cloths and before you leave your room.

7. Great post. My roommate and I keep popcorn in his microwave (closer to the door) in case we ever got busted. Burnt popcorn will clean out any smell.

8. Alright, just from my experience last year at UGA in one of the dorms that had the most weed related offenses, somehow me and my two main smoking buddies never got busted. Here's my advice
    1. Sobe bottle waterfall, an incredibly cheap, efficient, send you to the moon smoking device. Not sure on your financial situation, so a vape could be out of the question (it was for me).
    2. SMOKE OUTSIDE! haha sketched me out big time at first, but me and my friends found a few buildings that never got patrolled at night, and they became our regular spots.
    3. If you're gonna be burnin and not plannin on havin a flow of traffic in to / out of the room. DUCT TAPE THE SEALS AROUND THE DOOR, why risk getting caught cause you just shoved a towel under it? It works well, just more shady if you do somehow get caught.
    4. Invest in a mason jar; locks that sweet mj aroma in tight.
    5. Whenever you smoke outside the dorm, bring a cig. If a cop rolls up, ditch your stuff and light it up.

9. Buy two good fans. Have a box fan blowing out the window and another by the door blowing air into your room.

10. I had a really laid back RA so it was easy for me.

Regardless, here are some tips that helped me.

1. Sploof
    2. Febreeze
    3. Bedsheet under door.
    4. Blow into fan
    5. Incense

11. Get a chill RA. As long as he doesn't care, you probably won't get busted smoking inside.

Otherwise, know where the campus security stands on the issue (ours is pretty lax about it), and smoke outside.

12. A shallow bowl of vinegar naturally deodorizes the air. Not many people use this method but it actually works. Google it.

13. Dont do it.... Its way too easy to get caught. Smoke outside.

14. Here are my techniques, even though im not even in college, either way they work great:

Get a window fan for your window. Something like this should do: http://content.costco.com/Images/Content/Product/836758L_v.jpg

Just blow in the general direction of the window and most of the smell will be gone. a couple sprays of febreeze is needed though, but if you want to have no smell at all breathe your smoke directly into the fan. I saw one of these at wal-mart a few weeks ago for $20, so the price range should be around 20-50 if you want one that will reverse speeds so if your DA walks in you can reverse the way the fan is blowing in.

15. Do people honestly think blowing out the window with a fan gets rid of smell?

cuz it doesnt.

16. I see your from MN... Any chance youd say where your going? Im going in MN as well

17. I just finished my freshman year at college in Boston, and I did live in the dorms and smoke in them. Personally i felt WAY more paranoid smoking outside than smoking inside. The only time I ever smoked outside was on 4/20 because everyone was doing it and nobody seemed to care, but I was still on edge. Here is a list of precautions you can take to avoid being caught.

-Make sure your roommate isn't against it. Who knows, he may end up becoming your best smoking buddy...mine did!

-TOWEL UNDER DOOR

-Cover smoke detector (optional)

-fan blowing out the window

-if you have your own bathroom, smoke in there with the door closed, hot shower on, and an additional towel under the bathroom door

-use a one-hitter to eliminate residual smoke

-no joints/blunts

-spray air freshener

-use mouthwash and scented deodorant or cologne (optional)

-eyedrops (optional)

-sploof (optional but recommended)

-HIDE YOUR BUD IN A GOOD SPOT! In something that is your own property so they can't search it. A great place is inside a battery compartment on something like an alarm clock.

The reason I marked mouthwash, deodorant, and eyedrops as optional is because most RA's, at least in my dorm, don't give a shit if you're high...only if you smoke in the dorm. You may not have to do everything on that list to be safe, but it's probably worth it. All I did myself the whole year was the towel under the bathroom door and sometimes but not always febreze, and I didn't have one problem or one mention of it. If you take all the precautions it's a LOT safer than smoking out in public and risking getting caught!

18. if you have a smoke alarm in your room, you can take a plastic bowl or cup and place it over the alarm, wrapping it with ductape to seal it tight. no smoke gets in the alarm.

19. Buy a fitted sheet of some heavy material (I used flannel) and fit it over your door (provided "your door" is not the one leading to the hallway since the sheet is visible on both sides). I prefer blunts/joints, and found that this was better than duct taping the door shut in terms of easily getting in and out.

20. #40 blaze140, Jul 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2009
    Guide

1. Vapor Genie ($55)
    2. Lighter
    3. Sploof
    4. Rohto Cool Redness Reliever or Visine LR

You will be able to use a very small amount of herb to get blasted in your dorm. There's is no smell of herb. If anything, it would smell a little bit like burnt popcorn. Plus you will be introduced to the world of vaporization, if you have vaped before. Trust me man, this would be the best option since you want to be discreet about it.