Going to Canada

Discussion in 'General' started by ashep612, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Hey guys, this is my first real post, so I hope its in the right spot.

Anyway some friends and I are taking a road trip to Toronto and we were wanting to take some green with us, but we're kind of worried about crossing the border with it. We're only going to be there a few days so I don't really want to go to the trouble of finding more when we get there and I don't want to ask the wrong person and get kicked out of Canada.

I've read somewhere else that they're not too worried about weed coming into Canada as much as coming into the U.S. which makes sense, but still thats no reason to be careless. The article I read said that they don't usually do anything except confiscate it unless its 28 grams, but again I don't want to be the guy they decide to prosecute and I don't want them to be confiscated.

This is one of the reasons why we're making the trip: http://www.roachorama.com/hotbox/index.htm
    Plus I've never been to Canada, so I'm really excited about it.

Has anyone ever crossed into Canada with pot? How was security and what's the best way to hide it? I don't usually smoke outside of my living room so I don't know all the travel tricks.

2. I thought Toronoto had dispensaries? Could be wrong. I wouldn't recommend smuggling anything. Never drove over a border so dont know if theres dogs or what. It'll be easy scoring nug in canada.

why dont you just wait till you get to the hotbox, or just bring enough to smoke already rolled up.

3. be careful! i would never bring weed to anywhere across a border but I am just paranoid. Don't ask at the weed cafe's for dope or you will get kicked out. And the med dispensaries here are hard to get into without a card or doctor's note.

4. i used to go to canada every year for a festival called WEMF. and last year they tore my entire car apart trying to get into canada.

i wouldnt risk it.

if you go to a bar just make friends you prolly wont have a problem finding it. shit i asked a taxi driver, he didnt know anyone but its not like you can get arrested for asking.

5. Im so going to that cafe. Its not to far from me.

6. lol being from toronto, let me tell you that that place is not as nice as youd think it is. its a crowded store and i believe that what you see in the photo in the link, is the entire cafe. The store is long and narrow and the cafe is at the end of it. Before that theres a showcase with a bunch of smoking utilities... I wouldnt go all the way to toronto for this little cafe as there are many better places to smoke. Try kindred cafe @ yonge and wellesley, or the vapor lounge beside THC (though you cannot smoke spliffs inside, you use the volcanoes) which is just north of kindred.

But the roach-o-rama place does have a decent variety of papers and pipes and what have you. Though...... you may as well just goto thc :)

7. Don't bring bud, go to the clubs and bars and eventually you will find dank from $50 to $60 a quad.

8. the thing about canada is that, it's not at all what it's made out to be..

it does have prick cops
    it does have crap weather.
    & sweet mary jane isn't tolerated the same depending on province.

yet my favorite beer still is..

n i wnt + rp or vry sntnc looks lik this. :p on-screen keyboard FTW. :D

Attached Files:

9. Ya but you don't go to jail for under OZ:p some places in the states you can do 3-5 years for a roach.

10. oh really?

well thats why im proud to be canadian. :hello:

11. Yeah, i'm not excited about trying to smuggle something, but i don't want to get to toronto and not have any bud... and i know i can't ask at the cafe, they explicitly say that... we probably could find something at a bar or someplace but being a foreigner in an unfamiliar city it still seems risky to me and we're only goin to be up there for a couple of nights so time is an issue, but its probably better than a border agent i don't know... thats why i'm asking lol

dasdef, thanks for the reccomendations, hotbox was the only place i had heard of... i never knew places like that existed i'll be sure to check them all out! here in indiana if you look like you might smoke weed you're a druggie

we plan on doing other stuff too, like go to some cool bars and maybe see the cn tower i don't know... do you have any reccomendations for three American stoners' first time in Canada? ha ha

this will also be the first time with a vaporizer!! AHH I can't wait! ha ha!

12. you have to be a medical patient to get cannabis from a dispensary .

And i wouldn't bring pot across the border, but as long as you don't get pulled in you're good to go, but they can and do pull people in for no reason.

13. I myself like the hotbox - it has a cosy vibe. But the prices in Roacharama are outrageous! Well, I guess their rent is higher in Toronto than where I live. The hotbox is definitely worth checking out. Kindred is the shit too. I stop by there every time I am in toronto.

omgitsryan - I used to go to wemf too, but they screwed me out of some money and I no longer go. They searched our car heavy duty when we got in, because I blatantly looked like a druggie.