Going To Buy My Very First Bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Tabobo, Aug 6, 2012.

1. The biggest hint I can give, which honestly throughout my few previous bongs ive owned i never looked for was, make sure the hole in your bowl is blown big enough for good air flow. Go for a good size hole u can see through, ur resin will make the weed stick, but in the end you will be able to take fatter rips and keep ur luxury. With small hole bowls it gets to the point where its a workout to get the bowl to get any air flow. Also, if ur looking for a good setup, I have a bong that is about two feet, it has 3 holes blown into it on the bottom half for grip and ice, (ice is nice for bringing out the flavor of ur weed with the bong). I have these holes at the bottom for maximum ice capacity. It stands on a base and unlike the tradiional bong, it is just a straight shooter. It is just a tube, that barey takes any water. I say screw the perc and go for the ice catcher because percs just really aren't cool to me. I feel without a perc the smoke comes through easier with less drag and faster oncome. I combat no perc with a perc downstem, you should definatel get a bong that comes with one because imo its goo enough to replacethe entire quality of a perc. Some people may disagree with me, in no way is this THE optimal method, just my preferability of what makes a good bong. P.S. I would make sure the glass is just at least half an inch thick, something that feels durable, dont buy anything with rubber, glass on glasss, zongs are cool but ull get a bad one for that price. (imo) oo uck

2. [quote name='"Tolerance420"']The biggest hint I can give, which honestly throughout my few previous bongs ive owned i never looked for was, make sure the hole in your bowl is blown big enough for good air flow. Go for a good size hole u can see through, ur resin will make the weed stick, but in the end you will be able to take fatter rips and keep ur luxury. With small hole bowls it gets to the point where its a workout to get the bowl to get any air flow. Also, if ur looking for a good setup, I have a bong that is about two feet, it has 3 holes blown into it on the bottom half for grip and ice, (ice is nice for bringing out the flavor of ur weed with the bong). I have these holes at the bottom for maximum ice capacity. It stands on a base and unlike the tradiional bong, it is just a straight shooter. It is just a tube, that barey takes any water. I say screw the perc and go for the ice catcher because percs just really aren't cool to me. I feel without a perc the smoke comes through easier with less drag and faster oncome. I combat no perc with a perc downstem, you should definatel get a bong that comes with one because imo its goo enough to replacethe entire quality of a perc. Some people may disagree with me, in no way is this THE optimal method, just my preferability of what makes a good bong. P.S. I would make sure the glass is just at least half an inch thick, something that feels durable, dont buy anything with rubber, glass on glasss, zongs are cool but ull get a bad one for that price. (imo) oo uck[/quote]

Whatever you do OP, don't listen to this..

3. [quote name='"Tolerance420"']The biggest hint I can give, which honestly throughout my few previous bongs ive owned i never looked for was, make sure the hole in your bowl is blown big enough for good air flow. Go for a good size hole u can see through, ur resin will make the weed stick, but in the end you will be able to take fatter rips and keep ur luxury. With small hole bowls it gets to the point where its a workout to get the bowl to get any air flow. Also, if ur looking for a good setup, I have a bong that is about two feet, it has 3 holes blown into it on the bottom half for grip and ice, (ice is nice for bringing out the flavor of ur weed with the bong). I have these holes at the bottom for maximum ice capacity. It stands on a base and unlike the tradiional bong, it is just a straight shooter. It is just a tube, that barey takes any water. I say screw the perc and go for the ice catcher because percs just really aren't cool to me. I feel without a perc the smoke comes through easier with less drag and faster oncome. I combat no perc with a perc downstem, you should definatel get a bong that comes with one because imo its goo enough to replacethe entire quality of a perc. Some people may disagree with me, in no way is this THE optimal method, just my preferability of what makes a good bong. P.S. I would make sure the glass is just at least half an inch thick, something that feels durable, dont buy anything with rubber, glass on glasss, zongs are cool but ull get a bad one for that price. (imo) oo uck[/quote]

If the hole in your slide is too big you can always use a glass screen. But I guess he's right that you shouldn't get one with too small of a hole, but that's rarely the case.

Getting a disk diffused slide would get rid of any possible problems arising like that.

Also your glass doesn't need to be 1/2 an inch thick. 5mm quality glass > 9mm shitty glass.

The travel beaker comes default with a 6 slit diffuser and a 1-hole push slide.

If you get the showerhead upgrade your hits will be smoother.

If you get the disk diffused slide upgrade you won't have any unburnt bud or ash getting pulled into the water. It will also get rid of some of the resistance created by a push slide.

SSFG has great customer service and you can probably ask them to give you the tallest one they have in stock at the moment if that's what you wanna do.

4. I just got a black leaf nautilus for 70 bucks and it's insane. It's awesome got a line of diffusers instead of a a perk

5. The nautilus has an inline perc^^^

6. [quote name='"InstaBlaze"']The nautilus has an inline perc^^^[/quote]

That's what I meant hahaha my bad mad bong rips

7. HiSi is a brand to look for for high quality glass at a reasonable price.