Going to be gone for 10 days, how to water?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HansMoleman, Mar 20, 2008.

1. I'm gonna be gone for about 10 days soon and I'm trying to think up ways to make an automatic watering system. Has anyone had any experience with this or have any DIY ideas?

2. If i was in ur situation i would get a rubbermaid tub and put a pump in it and run drippers to each plant and put the pump on a timer. you can find everything you need to build this at wal mart the pump is a small fountain pump its about 10 bucks the 1/4 tubing is about 5 bucks the tees are 2 bucks its all in the garden center

3. or the cheep way is to water them just before u go and they should be ok.in the veg stage u only water something like evry 7or8 days.so when you get backthey should be ok!!!

4. No you dont, 7 or 8 days? Climate, humidity, pot size, and medium all play a role in how much you water them. Bud wiser has the idea.

5. 7 or 8 days? You may water in one day depending on heat, evaporation, climate, or soil...

6. simple take a gallon zip lock bag take a thumb tack and poke two small holes on the bottom side and lay 2 bags around your stem they will leak out slowly

7. get some duct tape and 2 or 3 2-liter bottle, cut the top and bottm off 2 and the bottom off of 1, tape them together stacked, and put 3 or 4 small enough holes in the cap for the water to drip out, the bigger the hole the faster it drains, i would try a slow drip before you leave to see how long it takes to empty, then make a hole in the soil or transplant to a slightly bigger pot or w/e your using, put the 2-liter, cap end down, down to close to the roots and fill in around the bottle to support it. Or if your using rockwool and such, go get a small rubber tube, hook it up to the bottle and make a a small hole down to the roots and stick the tube in it. And there ya go, before doing all that though, it is very important to make sure that the water is coming out at the right speed or they wont get enough water or they get to much water and the bottle will run dry b4 you come back. In your case, after setting up everything, i'd fill it straight to the top right before you leave. If the bottle wont stay up put 2 holes on opposite sides of the oopen end and string it up. Im leaving for a weak next weak and this is what ill be doing but my plant is still small so im using some regular water bottles. And try looking for someone to check on the water levels while your gone, or put a top on after filling to help prevent evaporation. Hope this is helpful

8. If You Need To Have Someone Check Your Water Level Then That Defeats The Purpose Cause You Can Have Them Water The Plants 4 U. An Auto Drip System Is Cheap, Easy And Reliable

9. lololol