Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Going to Amsterdam, Coffee Shop Advice?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by hellobob09, Nov 21, 2012.

1. I'm flying out to Amsterdam for Thanksgiving, and was hoping to get advice on which coffee shops to go to.

I'm looking for somewhere with quality bud for reasonable prices, and not super touristy.

Also, any other advice you international tokers can lend is more than welcome!

Thanks! :)

2. The further from the red light district you get, the cheaper the bud gets generally speaking. The coffeeshops you see online and hear about are mostly the touristy ones, where you buy your stash, sit down and enjoy the atmosphere. Others, while they do have areas to smoke are more focused on "takeaway" sales. These ones are generally cheaper and the quality is the same. Most coffeeshops don't mind if you bring bud you already have in to smoke as long as you buy a drink or something. If you buy your bud from a "takeaway" coffeeshop away from the city centre you can find a cafe style coffeeshop to go smoke it in. Just don't get caught up in saving $ that you let the Amsterdam experience pass you by.

You will have a hell of a good time, Amsterdam is an unbelievable place.

3. Make sure you go popeyes, one of the most chilled vibes in dam i thought.

4. Visit the greenhouse, de dampkring, and barney's. They are all in thesame street. If you are in De Dampkring ask for weed that has been cured for a long time (16+ weeks). They have an flatscreen where you can check which strains they have and howlong it has been cured. Also, they have a kick-ass fresh orange juice.

5. The old church red light district always got amazing hash 2 gram deals for like 18 euros, free world central station again amazing hash, keep away from bulldog and those types they charge to much for what they have.

6. And if you want affordable prices I'd suggest to find a grower, depending on howlong you are going to stay.. since a grower will probably wants to sell at least 100grams. You pay 200 for outdoor, 400for whitewidow or so, and 5-600 for the best shit you can get in this town.

7. Make sure you link up with Professor x, you cant go dam and not have a smoke with our dutch blades.

8. Well, unfortunately I'm leaving on a worldtrip in a few days, otherwise he could even crash at my crib if he aint a psycho.

9. That's alright man! I'm going with the family for Thanksgiving, so they're looking to spend some time with me. :)

Thanks for your offer though! Next time I head that way, I'll let you know and in the least we can share a joint and a pint. :D

My flight departs later today so if anyone has any other suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

Thanks again, blades!

10. Didn't Amsterdam ban the use of marijuana in coffee shops for tourists? I read in high times.com that only residents can partake.

11. Grey area I felt had the best on offer, then I would go to the greenhouse with the fish swimming around the floor. Nice food in there and nice waitresses also :D