Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Going to a festival this weekend, could use some advice.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ChristmasApe, Jun 30, 2010.

1. So a friend and I are going to Gratefulfest this weekend and obviously we're planning to partake in some smoking while we're there. My friend tells me that there's all kinds of incredible bud to be found at the festival and we're probably looking to buy some. The problem is, since about 2007, the local cops have been cracking down hard on this particular park. Given that we're going to one of it's biggest festivals on the 4th of July weekend, I think it's safe to assume that the po-po will be out in full force. From everything I've read, however, it seems like they're targeting dealers, not the average concert goer or even someone trying to buy weed.

I'm posting here because I was wondering if you guys had any tips/advice for avoiding run-ins with the law at this kind of event? Am I going to run into an undercover cop trying to "sell" me some bud?

Thanks guys. Any advice is appreciated.

2. I doubt you'll run into a cop trying to sell bud undercover. My opinion is that you buy some weed BEFORE you go to the concert so you have some already and don't need to risk buying from someone shady. Also, smoke out of sight.

3. I can't speak for every particular festival or concert in every area but...

I feel like at any type of "hippy" gathering, police are USUALLY pretty laid back. I don't know anything about Gratefulfest (though maybe I should :)), but festivals should be even more laid back than concerts.

There might be undercovers. There might not be. There might be cops keeping a close eye on things. Maybe they won't. Go with the flow and read the situation. Generally though there's all sorts of goodies at festivals. Cops focus on the areas and roads coming IN to the festival. So don't be driving 50mph over the speed limit with 100 sheets & 500 bombs in the car, cuz they will bust you.

4. There's quite a few undercovers at concert shakedowns. I've seen a handfull of people get popped, and even had a couple friends get busted.

Most of the time though its cool and not a problem as long as its kept cool.

5. I saw a pretty good idea in High Times last month. If you are smoking a joint, buy a helium balloon at the festival and tie it to the joint. If the cops show up, just let go of the balloon. Bye Bye joint...

6. read this too :wave:

7. Hahahahha that's funny as hell but not practical at all.

You just smoke it real chill - wrap your fist around the j and bring your fist to your mouth. Nice and discrete!

If security catches you smoking a j at a concert they just stomp it out (There are exceptions of course)

8. Buy some before you go and you should be good.

9. ...Isn't the average concert goer also someone trying to buy weed?? haha

10. Thanks for the advice, guys. This article is what has me worried:

But, like I said, it seems like they're going to be targeting dealers, not buyers. Never know, though.

As for buying stuff before we go, we're probably going to pick up some stuff, but from what I hear they have amazing headies at the festival and I'd love to pick some up.

11. Yeah dude don't worry too much about Undercover officers and such.
    I was going to a music festival once, and my grandma's words of advice were "Don't buy any pot there, bring it all with you, that place will be swarming with undercovers." Which I shrugged off; me and my 3 buddies shared a quap over that weekend.

12. Nelson ledges.. In Ohio? If so ive had some pretty crazy times there man, i live 15 mins from it lol.

13. Yeah that's the one. Should I expect a good, crazy, but safe/fuzz-free time?