Going to a concert alone

Discussion in 'General' started by black sabbath, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Is it weird to go to a concert alone? All of my friends bailed and most of them aren't into metal/ hardcore anyways. I wanna go see some local bands (pretty big though, have a following of a bout 10,000 people) but I feel like it might be kinda weird if I show up alone. I think it would be pretty stupid of me not go cause I took off work for the show and they are some of my favorite bands, just wanted to get some opinions

2. Ive been to plenty of shows alone... especially metal. Just get down into the pit and who you came with is irrelevant lol

3. Not strange at all. In fact, I usually end up going to metal/hardcore shows alone since most of my friends aren't in to it. A dozen of us will show up to a ska or punk show together, but I usually roll solo otherwise. It makes it easier to meet women too - less drunk friends acting like dicks in a situation like that, the better  :metal:

4. go to the concert dude you'l have a blast :D

Yea lol, plus if there are people there concerned with the fact someone they dont know showed up alone, they should spend more time looking at the stage rather than judging the crowd... who goes to a show and just sits there assuming shit about crowd members lol

6. I recently went to a concert in a different state alone. It wasn't too bad you can always spark up a conversation with some one, but best of all you don't have to account for anyone else and you can have a good time.

7. @[member="black sabbath"] - what bands are you going to go see?

8. #8 black sabbath, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2013
    this band

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iU621GkNqc

edit: wtf preview won't show up?.... I'm seeing Barrier and Kingmaker

9. Forgot to mention that tonight will probably be a really small turnout that's why I'm feeling like it will be weird. And it's not that i'm worried about people judging me for going alone, I just feel shitty that I can't even find someone to come with me, plus I like to socialize w/ people at shows and smoke between bands and shit

10. I like your username

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. A lot of my friends are into kingmaker and barrier. Fuck it dude go alone. Bring some weed spark up and enjoy it.

12. Hell yeah. Last time I saw em I smoked w/ kingmaker

13. I've only been to one concert alone and ironically enough it was Black Sabbath.  I met a cool guy from New Zealand who was also on his own, then I got really high in the toilets before Sabbath came on and rocked out hard.  Was most likely the best concert I've ever been too, so I guess I would encourage it if you really want to see the band that are playing.

14. Cool as shit man. Most dudes in the heavier styles of music are chill as shit.

15. I've gone to raves alone. If you're fucked up it makes things so much better because you can talk to everyone and not be accountable for anyone.

16. @[member="black sabbath"] -  I'm going to check them out and try to find some recorded tracks on YouTube. They sounded a bit like Heavy Heavy Low Low with a single vocalist to me at first, but after watching that video for a few minutes, it warranted checking them out a bit more.

Seriously though, go to the show. I can't even begin to list how many great shows, including smaller and basement ones, I would have missed if I didn't go alone. I saw Bomb The Music Industry!  a few years ago alone, after debating whether or not to go and it was great. Only like 40 people at the show and it was probably in my top 5 concerts ever. In short, don't miss out!