Going to a concert alone

Discussion in 'General' started by Spark It29, Aug 15, 2013.

1. I bought a ticket for a concert while at another concert, but most of my friends won't be going because they already left for college. Should I just go alone? I'm kind of anti-social, and while I feel like it would still be cool, I feel that I won't meet one person and i'll be alone for practically the entire time. The only reason I want to go is to see Alice in Chains.

What should I do if I go to the concert alone? Should I even go to the concert?

2. shit dude if u wanna see the band go have a good time n enjoy the music man! yea concerts are better with friends but fuck it dude maybe ull make some friends while there haha

3. Yeah dude, sounds like a good time. I'm anti-social myself, I've attended a few concerts on my
    own. It was always fun. Just get stoned/drunk and enjoy the tunes!

4. Personally I think a concert alone would suck. But whats right for me might not be right for you. Shoot Id actually give it a shot since I never have. But the idea of it sounds strange to me. If you have a positive outlook towards it Id go. If not dont go because a bad attitude/feeling toward it would make it a worse time. 

5. 1/3 concerts I go to alone, yah you should go to the concert. get really high, or drunk, and submit yourself to the band on stage. fun fact a girl I know is dating the guitar player from circa survive, the band opening for AIC. they suck u can go late 

6. I went to a Tool concert alone with my friend Lucy. We had a great time by myself.

7. Oh my god I could never handle such an endeavor hahaha. Unless I lived across the street or something

8. i prefer going alone.  dont have to worry about losing anyone, can go wherever you want, etc.  i feel like i get more crazy too because i'm just around a bunch of people i'll never see again so idgaf what they think of me lol gotta get fucked up though

9. #9 ghostonvacation, Aug 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2013
    and look man, youre going to a pretty HUGE show. I mean the production, big crowd etc. 

if you love live music and dont have many people to go to shows with, hit up a DIY show, in a basement or a small studio space. google your city and DIY music and there will be something. the scene is full of nice people that love music and helping each other, tickets are really cheap, and its always a party. I met my best friend in an old mausoleum they turned into a concert hall back in middle school. 

10. that sounds too good omg

11. I agree that you should sack up and go to the concert. It's no big deal, like others have suggested, and you can get into the music even more.

12. I hear ya man I think i'm gonna go to a movie alone because I am pathetic like that :). It is not big deal, if you wanna see the band go see them.

13. #13 Spark It29, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2013
    thanks for the replies. I'll consider it, I just don't want to get myself down once I get there, just thinking about how I'm all alone and shit...

but maybe. If I have the appropriate products

14. Depends on if you really wannna see the cncert or not.

I'd gladly go to bassnectat and jump around for a couple hours
    And ill gladly go to a modest mouse concert and chill and listen

If you really wanna see the concert you will go

15. You have a chance here to totally be outside the box and NOT GIVE A FUCK! When are you going to see the people again? Never! Unless you make a new friend, who will probably have something in common with you seeing as you're at the same concert. Fuck it brother, go have a good time and maybe meet some new people!

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Id go if I were you.

Meet some new people, have a good time and enjoy the music :)

17. I'd only do it extremely high.