Going Straight up for 50 years!

Discussion in 'General' started by Vip-xXx, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Now im fucking well baked and was thinking about this, imagine if u was in a spaceship with your wife, and you just keep going up up up up and more up never ending, so 50 years passes and ur wifes had he kids and there both 20 years old, u eventually die and they carry on going deep into space!

now either im real stoned or this sounds fucking amazing!

2. This actually sounds like a good movie concepttttt....

3. ^ This ^

I wish I was :D

4. I'm no cosmologist or anything, but I'm pretty sure in 50 years you wouldn't even get out of our solar system.

5. yhea, it'd have to be like many many many generations n then you'd get somewhere good mabey. Or you'd crash into an asteroid and die. HAHAH, thats actually pretty sick to think about.

6. Lets doo eeeet.

Make it like a cruise ship though, cuz a tiny ass ship wold suck.

7. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJa5_2wqN_I]YouTube - Kid Cudi - Up, Up & Away (The Wake & Bake Song) - 'Man on the Moon: The End of Day' 2009[/ame]

8. what if u like hit the moon or some planet on your way up though

9. Unlikely, but possible. For example, to reach Mars you have 1 window of opportunity every 26 months.

Nevermind the necessity of supplies for a 50 year journey. A crew of 5-6 people would require 3 million pounds of supplies (fuel, food, medical, etc) for a 21 month journey to Mars.

It is entirely likely that if you could travel for 50 years in space, in a straight line, you'd spend 50 years looking at the vast emptiness that is space.

10. I feel like every post you make consists of 100% Grade A Buzzkill.

:wave:

11. My bad. I'm putting myself on GC timeout for a couple days, while I rethink my actions.

12. Nah, dont, just fuck it, like when people make these type of posts, just respond with a

"yea man sweet"

or a

"wow man that sounds sick"

somethign along those lines, you can prove people wrong, and expalin shit when your sober, but post while your high if you post shit like that. know what im sayin?

13. #16 BongTron, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2009

you could always have babies and then you have unlimited food supply

have 2 families from the start

14. #17 Rochelimit, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2009
    you know i am planning on writing a book like this where 100 families or so (for genetic diverstiy) are put in a huge space ship and head for a habitable planet in the alpha centuri area. i don't know how im going to flesh out the idea, but i think it's a good way to colonize other planets when it takes more than 10,000 years to get there......

15. Haha, I hope you're kidding man. I'm not the internet police or anything, just a douchebag.

16. i done did that shit before.

17. Sounds pretty believable if you ask me...