going out of town for a few days is it safe?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Dec0nFr0st, Mar 19, 2009.

1. hi guys

hopefully someone be able to give me some idea

I need to go off for 3 days, and the girls are around 24 days in flower today

the ph usually go from 5.8 to 6.8 after the 3rd day from adjusted

they take a gallon of water every 2 days, but theres still 3 gallons in the bucket whenever i top up and i do every 2 days.

i dont really know if they get tall much, i dont need to adjust the lights much, I much the lights up 2cm a day, some days i dont need to at all. i keep the lights very close to them, about an inch away, temp is good so i can keep them close.

so what would be the best things to do if i have to be away for 3 days? as i check on them everyday for lights, ph, temp and water

i think the ph and water level and temp wud be fine.

but how high should i move the lights so they wont touch the bulbs till i get back?

any input very much appreciated.

here's the link to my grow

http://forum.grasscity.com/general-indoor-growing/350141-skywalker-femed-how-doesb-look.html

thanks

2. I think you'll be fine.....just top off your reservoir right before you walk out the door. At day 27, there won't be much more vertical growth, the energy is going to the bud sites. For your peace of mind, raise the lights to 5-6 inches while your gone, it won't hurt anything.

BTW.....Good looking setup and grow you got there.....real clean and green!!!.........Have a good time on your mini vacation.

3. thanks chunkdaddyo

I raise the lights, check ph adjust if need be and top up before i go, but I will have to do it 11:45 the night before, as I'm leaving early in the morning, and the lights are off 12am to 12pm, but Im guessing it shouldnt make much different for 12hrs.

thanks

4. That is a nice looking set-up....good job.

5. got back last night and check on the girls straight away, few tops looks to be starving from the look of the fan leaves, the bucket was half empty, looks like they just started eating more as I left :) topped up straight away, checked ph and temp, all ok. hope they get better again, would it be possible that they sucked up all the nutes but not all the water?

thanks

6. I'm starting my first grow from two plants that was given to me. I'm using nothin but light and water. My lights are CFL screw in 6500K 75 watts X4. Them have grown pretty and tall, abt 2 feet now. How do I sex them? They r still on 24/0, should I switch them to 12/12 or what? I also need to know is going to 12/12 the only way to find my female? What top soil to buy at home depot to transplant?

7. This thread is 2 years old and your questions are irrelevant start a new thread.
    ~spacejerk234