going on vacation, what to do about watering in soil?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Phyx, Mar 15, 2009.

1. whats up GC?
    Im going on vacation soon and ill be gone for seven days. I know my ladies wont make it that long without water and im kind worried. any suggestions would be appreciated.

In one room I have 11 ladies in flower in 3 gal pots. (for this room i was thinking hanging a five gallon bucket from the ceiling and run lines controlled with needle valves to do some type of drip irrigation) but its still up in the air.

in the veg room I have 10 plants in 2 ltr bottles, 2 plants in 5 gal bucket. im not sure what to do with this area. i have room to move shit around if needed. i was thinking of putting some kind of container under the 2 ltrs and fill them with water, maybe that would work, im not sure.

I need your help GC. What should I do??......

2. ya either make a drip system or mater them good before you leave and raise the lights so they dont get burned

3. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9Z5qhwdL1g"]YouTube - Fred Vanore Aqua Globes Direct Response TV Commercial[/ame]

4. I wish i woulda used the aqua globe when i lleft for 7 days, I cam bacj to wilting plants, and had to revive with superthrive!

5. i dont know if its at all possible, but transplanting to a larger pot will do the trick.

Ive got tickets to wakarusa this year (4 day music festival), and in planning how it can work thats the solution I came up with

since I know in advance, im intentionally delaying the transplants into their final pots, and then doing that the night before I leave....the extra soil should give several days before its dry, as the plant will just start rooting.

6. ok get quart size zip locks put your water in poke small small holes with a needle poke a few holes in the bottom of the bag let sit and see how long it takes for the water to drip out if to much drips out in 24 hours make less or smaller holes put around base of stem and it should keep soil wet for your vac

7. water them a little extra the weeks before u leave so the soil is nice and moist. Once u get back it should b dry enough and your ladies will be ready to drink again. Try to avoid using nutrients though because that will increase vigor and water demand will go up. Also maybe a little less usage of lights(25w less or so) That should cover it for just 7 days