Going on vacation for 5 days

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by playboy420, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Hey guys,

I will start germinating tomorrow and hopefully will plant this weekend!!! But I am leaving for a vacation with my gf on May 18th and wont get back until 23rd. Should I just raise the MH bulb far away from the plants and not have my roommates check on them at all?

Or should I keep the light about 12-14in away and have my roommate who's cool raise the light for me as needed?

Im going to need him to add water to the bubblebucket anyways over those 5 days so he could easily raise the lights.

I was just concerned that raising the lights 18 - 20 inches initially and leaving will cause the plants to stretch...

What do you all do when its vacation time?

Thanks

2. bumpty bump anyone leave their ladies for a few days?

3. I have my dad water them and make a guess how much they will grow in 5 days. I dont raise my lights every 5 days so I say set the light up a bit higher and give him the run down on how to and where to raise them to if needed. I left for 7 days and had no problems. I use a 1000w hps 30 inches away from them. I cut a piece of string and hung it from the hood so i dont have to keep checking the distance.