Going on a trip in late flower.. help!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Burgerwolf, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Hey guys,
    So I have 3 plants in sealed closet that are about a month into flower.
    I'm leaving in about a week and just found out I'll be gone a full week. I'm working on my drip system and drain table but I'm really worried about the environment..
    Currently, I have a bathroom exhaust fan extracting very little air (like 52 cfm) and at lights on have to open the doors and lift the tarp and sheets that seal it and then at lights off get everything tucked in and doors closed with no light leaks. If I don't open the doors temps will hit 90 and maybe higher.. I haven't given it the chance to.

I don't want to leave my closet door open(in my locked room) and risk daylight creeping through the windows into the closet during lights off (light off is 10am-10pm) so I have a few options..
    #1 buy a temp controller that I can use with my window A/C(the a/c isn't great but will keep it at or below 86) or
    #2 get a better extraction fan (I do have a pretty powerful computer fan attached to flex ducting as an intake)

What do you guys think is the better choice in my situation?

2. other than the poor noobs who screw their grow from lack of info

the other popular way at least on GC is thru grower absence,

get the temp controller

I have three

the best being the sts 1000 on ebay for $10.00..?

also the silca tabs that hold water you can get a grow stores

good luck

• Like Like x 1
  3. Considering all the time that has gone into this grow, you'd be better off with the temp controller.

But just in case things go wrong it would take a long, protracted hot dry period to kill the plants. During a move, I had some plants get stored in a hot, airless storage unit for a couple days.

Due to the stress the plants dropped all their leaves when the were a couple months old (right before I flipped the lights. I thought they were dead but the roots and stem were healthy and just popped out new leaves and ended up with a decent weight.

Weed is tougher than people give it credit for. If you don't get mites, fungus or mold it's hard to kill.

4. I just sent my wife and kids on vacation for 5 days and stayed home. Sometimes you gotta make sacrifices bro .

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Temp controller, optimal airflow inside, make sure the leaves are moving in the wind, if they become stagnant, they can produce water build up, which in those temps creates mold.