Going on a road trip. Need things to do. Stoners from other states.

Discussion in 'General' started by Sigeth, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Thinking about heading west i live in florida. Looking for cool things to do, and to smoke some dank staying in colorado and california.

2. Go to grand canyon on the way, it's worth it. Then head north to Yellowstone and the Rockies. One of the best drives ever through there.

• Like Like x 1
  3. This for sure. Try and hit as many national parks/forests as you can if you're the outdoorsy type. It'll make the trip much cheaper.
    From Colorado to California, you've got some beautiful spots in Utah, Las Vegas, and the Hoover Dam. Go check out Yosemite, the village is pretty OK. The PCH is a pretty rad drive.

4. We have a large number of national and state parks here in Colorado that would be worth a visit. Topping one of our 14k+ foot mountains is an experience you cant get everywhere. Pikes peak being the most accessible. If you are interested in Native American culture or archaeology Mesa Verde is a unique and interesting national park. A large part of what you can do outdoors here depends on the time of year and weather as well. Deep winter and many mountain passes may close temporarily or for the entire season. It is an amazing and diverse state, let us know when you decide to come and what city you will be in and I can recommend more specific places.

• Like Like x 1
  5. For really neat and ridiculously inexpensive places to stay look into getting yourself an “International Youth Hostel” card. For a nominal fee to become a member this will allow you to stay at youth hostels around the world - like $15.00 to $30.00 a night. There are youth hostels in lighthouses, National Parks, tree houses. When we hitchhiked around the country back in the 80’s this is what we did and loved it.

Do a search online on these hostels and you’ll see what I mean! Very cool.

J