going on 3rd harvest

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by xDEBOYx, Jul 9, 2011.

1. I'm currently working on starting my 3rd. My 2nd is doing good. Took some clones from the ones that are about to be done. (before I started to flower) those clones are over a month. I cut some clones from them. Id like to get a 2 week rotation. 6 every 2 weeks. The flowering plants are 2 (almost) 5'. Didn't really want them that big. Had issues before I could start to flower and the got bigger than I wanted. So now I want to do like 6 2'-3' plants. I was using 5gallon buckets. Id like to go smaller containers. Any ideas on what size for the 2'-3' plants? I'm using some flors for veg and 600w HPS for flower. In a spare room and closet.

2. Google root pots, wonderful and cheap, they will be triple root mass in same gallons versuses plastic Based pots. Root pots are cheaper and breath better than smart pots.

Been using roots organic line, switch to their organic sythentic tic line called Soul Synthetic, very user friendly and wonderful results!

3. Thanks I guess. Not really the things I was looking for

4. I checked into the root pots. Gonna try the 3gal ones. Seems to be the size I want so I can pack more in a little spot. Hope the pots work good.

5. The size of the pot does not matter except how often you will have to water. The faster your medium dries out the better because it forces your roots to reach for moisture creating a vigorous root structure. Whereas a medium that stays wet longer creates a less vigorous root system. This is why some people like to use clay balls for example, they dry out 4 times a day and are watered on a timer.

Are you in soil or a hydro medium?

I do not use soil, but it stays wet longer so something to think about when considering pot size.

With my medium, and I use Light warrior and Grodan croutons* mixed 50/50, I water every other day in 2.5 gal pots.

6. #7 xDEBOYx, Jul 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Thank you. I'm in soil. Don't mind it. I'll try dro some day. I must mixed my soil right then. I'm watering a gallon every other day in a 5gallon bucket. Just need more room. Going with the 3 gallon root pots. I like it cuz i can use in hydro also.