Going into flower and flushing through.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Berty69, Mar 28, 2011.

1. I'm using biobizz grow on my lowryder 2 auto. The plant has started flowering so I need to start using the bio-bizz bloom. Do I need to flush the plant through before I start using the bloom and/or do I use them together? When would I flush the plant through at the end? Any help would be great, thanks.

2. flush the plant, mix the bloom nutes at 1/4 strength, and add a little of the grow nutes in with it.. if you're just now starting to flower dont worry about when to flush at the end. when she starts looking ready to cut flush her and then straight water til you cut.

3. #3 frank drebin, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2011
    No no no. Sorry, i have to disagree. Biobizz are organic nutes.

Are you soil or hydro here mate ?
    Im guessing soil with biobizz...... If soil, what kind ?

Iv used bbizz a cpl times now and havent 'flushed' them. Last few feeds in flowering {3 weeks-ish} i lower the amount of bloom and gradually up the 1ml grow again at the same time. Til i get til like 2ml grow 1ml bloom. Then perhaps just pure water a few days at most before chopping.
    No flushing /{starving}, and certainly not for 2weeks. Again this applies to soil. And i havent grown autos before.

As for flushing at the 12/12 switch .. or when
    Why ?
    You are just flushing away N reserves which the plant does want. Just to replace them again :confused:

Yes, maintain 1ml of grow throughout, then at a few weeks til harvest, up the grow over the bloom again. Could slightly lower the dosage from 1ml but i recommend keeping with the reversing of bloom to grow.

Thats just my opinion. Aint saying its gospel.

4. Thanks for your help,
    I am using soil (all-mix) but am considering trying a plant with coco-coir soon as have been given some from a friend. If I continue applying nutrients right up until harvest wont it leave a residue or taste when the bud is smoked? Or is that only with chemical fertilizers rather than organic?
    Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

5. #5 frank drebin, Mar 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2011
    Ive used bio bizz right up until more or less the end, and ive tried some that a mate grew and there wasnt any noticeible differnece imo. {except my yeild was better, bot under 250w, although my pot was of a slightly highter capacity}

I beleive the reason in up'ing the grow nutes again towards the end and lowering the bloom nutes is too lower the phosphorus.. as this is a main culprit of shit tasting weed.
    It also increases the carbs etc for a smoother smoke apprently.

If you do feel safer just using water at the end and quitting the nutes, Do the last week or so {last cpl of waterings} with molasses only. But no flushingm ie ploughing shitloads of water through your roots.

Remember though, every grow is different and you could argue that, how well your feeding has been in the run up to harvest will determine if you need to flush or not.

Il pinch a quote from another site as it puts it in its simplest form.{And thanks to Babygro for this}

Make sure you have decent run off at each watering too in your grow.

And maybe consider a lenghty dark period before chopping.

6. weight until you use the coco that you have been given you will not go back to soil. i use to grow in soil until i tryed coco and i love the stuff and it can be used a few times over (but i use fresh every time) i use all of the canna products their is other ferts that you can use but obviously canna is the best as it was made especially to use in coco

7. Yes, im gonna venture into coco myself when my currnet bag of all mix is done. Ive heard this kind of statement a few times now johneym1