Going for the pound

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by thestash27, May 11, 2016.

1. By chance you know sade? He could help better I believe... And a few I'm sure I'm missing... How many plants is that

the eyes are useless, when the mind is blind...

2. Have you ever done a flush, not a result change, but an actual nute flush? Mine will slow down if I don't do it about every 3-4 weeks. I would question the extra 400... I use a 600 in a 5x5 tent and it is very well lit. The added heat may be a factor too. A high water temp will slow growth down too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. In some cycles I change bubble buckets when they go from Veg Room to Flower Room. Then half through flowering might change buckets. But most I never change buckets even up to 14 weeks flowering. But I make sure that the girls are drinking water. If they are the water at the same timed flowered strained girls equally. Then I know there is an issue and change out buckets. Some of plants will drink 3 gallons every two days "intense growth period" . But sometimes during the period of flowering it will be 3 gallons every 4 days.

4. I've done a flush for about 3 days water only.. Had some wilting issues.... When in doubt just start res over fresh water and add 3percent peroxide like 5 ml to a gallon of water and let your roots sit in it for a few days empty out and refill with a fresh res of water only...set for 12 to 24 hours to get off any unwanted left over peroxide stuck around the roots.. It'll kill beneficial microbes when you add nutes to your fresh res ... So to play it safe run water only for like a day... Semy root flush ...lol.. Then empty that water out after 12 or 24 hours and add fresh water and nutes... I would start at like 500 ppms and see what it does in 48 hours..weather it's rises or falls... Ppms goes up drinking more water than nutes...getting concentrated.. Ppns goes down drink more nutes than water... Ppm stay the same but water level dropped..but still 500 ppms..then its at its equilibrium and eating equal parts of water and nutes.. I wouldn't worry the first 48 hours of it only eats water... Could be in shock and recovering ... Hope this helps

5. Sorry about the misspelled words...mildy retarded

6. Hey mate I've flushed a few times to try and improve her health. Basically I figured out that keeping my pH at 5.8 is locking out calcium. I discovered that calcium is best absorbed around pH 6.0 or above. So I've bumped the pH up to 6.2 and going to see if there's any improvement. Also the temps here are quite cold. About 10C (50F) at night, so I ordered a tank heater to keep water temps at 20C (68F). Hoping the pH increase will fix any deficiency.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  7. I wish I had 50 degree temps... that helps keep things really nice. Wouldn't worry about the tank heater unless the res. temp is below 55 or so, then yes I would agree that u could use one. Res temp dosent always equal room temps. Pumps tend to warm them up alot. I run mine in 30 min spurts every 2 hrs to help keep temps down in my Res too.
    Ph at 6.2 - 6.5 is about where mine seem to thrive.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yea I'm kind of lucky that winter is coming along here, it's much easier to control the temps. I've been doing more research and my plant has grown at a ridiculously slow place over the past 3 months. Everybody seems to say that red/purple stems are a cal-Mag issue. But I read today that phosphorus deficiency also causes deep red/purple stems, and I'm thinking now that I actually have a phosphorus issue. I have no idea why I would have a phosphorus issue, but I just did another flush and put in bloom nutes with a high phosphorus content, also put in silica and a small amount of trace nutrient mix. I must say,the silica seems to have worked wonders. The stems used to just snap, now they just flex and bend like rubber lol. Really hope I can figure out what exactly is causing the deficiencies though...

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Does root bound in flowering cause a weight reduction? Or does this just effect veg

10. I don't know that I hve ever hd root bound issue. I started out using fabric pots doing soil grows and with hydro, my roots have never filled the container all the way. Mine are in 2 gal buckets in veg and go to 5 gal for flower. I don't think the roots hve gotten to much larger during flower, in my experiences.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Did you top this plant? Thanks

12. Yep, only topped once mate :)

13. Well guys, I flipped less than 2 weeks ago and she's already flowering! And on top of that I got a RO filter! It takes about an hour and a half to fill my tank, but I hope I'll see an end to these deficiencies... I pretty damn sure it's a phosphorus deficiency, as we have high cal, mag and SODIUM content in our disgusting tap water here, along with chlorine and other poisons. So my water went from 400ppm down to only 12ppm after running through the RO filter. Pretty good for $80! And the water tastes so much better for drinking... I literally felt my plant sigh in relief as I poured the RO water on to her roots! Haha any way guys, here's some pics :)

14. Having serious issues trying to upload pics on both the APP AND WEBSITE!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. More

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. k

Attached Files:

17. #57 mike45214, Jun 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
    Check this out, I was a few grams shy of a pound, 449 grams is what I had and I used 1 600 watt light in a 3x3 area.
    Ice Bomb SCROG

• Like Like x 2
  18. I have seen your thread and read through it a few times before in my searches! Very impressive and great looking grow. I don't think I'm going to achieve anything like that.. maybe on my second grow though. Made one to many mistakes on this one. :( I'll honestly be surprised if I get more than a few ounces. All my fan leaves died from nitrogen deficiency lol. The stretch drained all my leaves and it's only two weeks into flower. Not sure if it's worth adding grow nutes or just sticking with the bloom nutes. Dammit :(

19. Yea, when things aren't at an acceptable levels that's going to wreak havoc on your yield. Take notes from this grow and improve on the next one. I found that when I switched to GH Maxi series things went a lot smoother, it's a one part nute that has everything in it. I don't even use supplements anymore now. I like to keep it simple in the garden.

• Like Like x 2