Going Coco with 1000 watts

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by VeoDigital, Jan 6, 2011.

1. I received the tracking # for my order, checked Royal mail, and it has already been handed over to the United States Postal Service.

2. #162 VeoDigital, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2011
    What does this look like to you guys? To me, it looks like that WW screwed me over. I think the WW hermied and pollinated all my Jack 47s.... or am I just severely high right now? I had hermies on one of my first grows, but they showed very early on and were easily removed not affecting the rest. This is the first time I would have them where they showed THIS late into flowering... not sure here.

Jack 47

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WW

[​IMG]

3. oh shit. im sorry to hear that man. it happens to the best of us though. if theres a few seeds in there...... fuck it.

4. Nice set up bro. just sub'd!My partner and I just decided to move from fox farm ocean forest to coco and vermiculite. Our tent is about 3xs yours, with 3 1000 watts. Im lovin your progress tho!! srry to see your ladies get pollinated. at least you'll have some killer cross breeds to yourself.

5. if it is ww.then you gonna have some nice cross.and seeds.its not necessarly a bad thing.

6. I think it is, I did some more examination this morning, and it looks like a few tops on the Jack's were producing seeds, and I think I see nanners on the WW. Hell, guess I can add these seeds to the Attitude order lol, but I think since they were pollinated so late, that the seeds will not mature enough and be micro in size.

7. my hopes are high for you that you find some big, fat, tiger stripped beans from your misfortune. your smoke should still be top shelf though. i think its funny when i run into someone who says " dude, it had a few seeds in it" if they had any real knowledge of our herb, they would know that these things happen and when i say " well, its still killer shit right?" i always get the....... "well yeah, its killer" well then..... who cares about a few beans?

8. I have been seeing a few people who have stated Koolbloom "caused hermie's for them" but I don't tend to listen to people who don't post often, or don't have much in the way of credibility.... but now I am wondering if that had a hand into it or not. I will know for sure which one hermied come chop time. I think since this has occured I may move up the chop date and begin flushing now, to minimize the amount of bean development. Today is day 46 of 12/12 on 55-65 day strains. If I start flushing now, and chop in 7-10 days I should still have primo smoke. What do you guys think?

Man, I am still so bummed. This has been an extraordinary grow, up to this point.

9. I think "don't be bummed" because you are still going to get a nice harvest as most of your bud production is done and won't be sapped off by seed production. If you can isolate the hermie move it or bag it if possible but don't despair my friend.

It will all ok.

10. broski, no worries on the hermie. its all good. dank is around the corner for you. who know whether koolbloom cause sex confusion or not. if you've used it before and had positive results, i wouldnt think it harms/stresses the plant.
    i would run the plants until they're ready. no need to decrease their time. just let them run their course and while you trim the buds, remove any seeds you see. you yourself said the beans started late into flowering and will be undeveloped. since they were induced so late, all the beans should be visible and on the exterior of the bud only!

i'm high as fuck but i think i'm onto something. be easy man and sorry to hear about this shit happening.

11. Yeah it does appear only the immature beans are present on the exterior of the buds, and only on a few bud sites. What I am more bummed about is the fact that the WW did hermie, and I have worked so diligently to make sure everything is dialed in. I am going to chalk it up to genetics, since I had such trouble with the WW strain as a whole. The Apollo's will probably begin to show pollination soon, since they are in the tent as well. My mums and clones are fine, so next run will be even better. I think I am going to drop the koolbloom, because I have seen no added benefits so far....

Good lookin out guys, sorry I haven't been able to post in your journals as much, been real busy with shit. Everyone's grows are looking spectacular so far. Just got home from work, going to smoke a nice jibber and run out to meet up with some co-workers.

Stay clean, stay green.

12. Clones are looking good at 4 days. I took cuts that are 7"-12" tall from the top of the coco. Rinsed the coco well, charged the coco with 3ml micro, 5ml bloom, and 2ml of silica blast, and dipped them in clonex gel. Two in the back are Jack 47's, and about 15 days old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mums

[​IMG]

Apollo's up front on the left in 2 gallon smart pots. A shit ton of tops.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Lovin' the update my dude. All your plants are looking real good.

14. Yea man this shit is looking good. I'm coming behind you soon on the h3aD lucas modified. You seem to be having a lot of success with it.

15. I'll be doing the same once I run out of my botanicare nutrients.

16. Yes and I will admit I have been shocked by how effective it is. I ran Fox Farm nutes when I started out (complete crap), then graduated on to Advanced Nutrients and then others that were just as expensive. I used to think cost mattered when buying nutes, and if you weren't spending a lot you weren't getting much. Damn was I wrong.

17. sick pics Veo. your ladies are looking great. tops, tops and more tops ! ! ! i like the looks of those clones to. im trying to get in the habit of taking larger clones. the just look better i think. i was also looking into this thread about taking clones from flower. they say no farther than about 20 days in. they take a tad longer but it seems like the growth that the put on after they root is spectacular. really really bushy, great for sog/scrog and whatnot. i just took 2 large ones off my PPP that i put in flower about 17 or 18 days ago. hope they work out

18. They should man, provided you keep the coco moist and humidity decent. Are you using a rooting compound? I can't remember if....

I can't wait to get the PPP in from the Attitude. My order has been showing as dispatched since the 6th lol. Royal mail shows the package has already been handed over to the international delivery service, which is the USPS. I bet I get them in a few days, maybe by Monday!

19. What kind of beans are you getting? If PPP is one of them not quite sure what it stands for even though you probably said it earlier. Got my fingers crossed and wood knocked for a speedy and safe delivery.

20. Pure Power Plant, supposed to be a good one. If you got stealth delivery you should be cool. This is what I got

Nirvana Seeds Super Skunk
    Reg Seeds Per Pack - 10 Seeds NS44/NS44 1 £15.99
    Nirvana Seeds Pure Power Plant (PPP)
    Reg Seeds Per Pack - 10 Seeds NS38/NS38 1 £15.99
    FREE SEED T H Seeds Burmese Kush Feminized
    FREE SEED 1 FREEFreebie/BOGOF
    FREE SEED T H Seeds Kushage Feminized
    FREE SEED T H Seeds S.A.G.E Feminized
    UFO#1 Dinafem Seeds Diesel