Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Going Away to College- NEED ADVICE!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Pdubz23, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Hey everybody,

I just registered and this is my first post so i hope i am doing this right. Anyways, I've been smoking on and off for about 3 years. I'm about 25 days away from my first year at college and am starting to think of what i want to bring. My roommate is a kid i don't know to well cause i just met him but hes chill and likes to toke so im not worried about that. but I haven't smoked all summer due to being caught by my parents during the first week of summer (bestfriend got kicked out for cheifing and i was always with him so they caught on pretty quickly). so i had to give all my shit away. (had a magic flight box vape, 2 glass pipes, a one hitter BAT, and some papers). I'd like to know what everyone typically brings to college? i kinda want to be a nightcap bowl kinda guy so i can get my shit done during the week but i plan on baking all day on fridays and saturdays. also my parents havent tested me yet but they have threatened to during college. so i also want to invest in some synthetic urine. any advice, stories, experiences would be helpful...

P.S. i've always been a b+ average student barely ever studying and i went to a hard high school. anyone else find college easy to toke and get good grades. i plan on working hard during the week

Thanks

2. Condoms. Bring lots of condoms.

3. When I was in the dorms, I just had a dugout with a hitter that looks like a cigarette. I would just step outside before bed and smoke a few. If you want to smoke in your room, I highly recommend purchasing a new vape.

Let me just warn you, college is MUCH harder than high school. I never had to do work or study in high school, and that screwed me the first couple semesters of college because I didn't know how to properly manage my time. That being said, it is entirely possible to get fantastic grades and still smoke every day- you just have to make sure to get your work done first. I would recommend only smoking on weekends for the first few months, until you get the feel for your classes and the amount of work involved.

4. Small pipe, Small bubbler, or if you prefer get a small vape, and rolling papers for when your on the go, find a hole somewhere, or under the floor boards to put your stuff, and, have eyedrops, deo, make yourself a little "Smoking kit"

5. my advice would be don't go into college thinking you can just coast and make B's if your major is remotely technical. I was that kid in highschool and I got a reality check my first semester. But definitely take as many gen eds as you can to make the college transition as easy as possible.

And I really didn't smoke bud in my dorm, but me and my roomate had a pretty sick hookah and we would smoke almost every day no lie. We'd have like 10 people in there just chillin and smokin, it was so badass. We just put a plastic bag over the smoke detector and we were good. Our RA's eventually found out but they didn't even care. And I go to a relatively conservative Christian college too hahaha

6. College is really laid back man. You don't even need to really worry about the smell (unless you have a shitty RA) but I play it safe anyways. Get a $5 airtight container from your local head shop to store the bud, some isopropyl alcohol to clean your glass, and some febreeze air affects. Last year I smoked blunts everyday but it sucked because I could not smoke in my dorm and I would always get sketched out walking around campus. This year my dorm has a window in the bathroom and I have a new glass piece so it will be much easier to toke.

Your grades should not be affected by smoking that much if you are only going to be smoking at night. Last year I pulled a 3.5 the first semester and then a 2.5 second semester with the same effort and smoking about half a blunt every night. As long as you get your work done first it shouldn't be a problem.

Another piece of advice I can give is don't let weed supress your personality. If you are invited to a party, you go regardless if you're high or not. Sometimes I would get so high that I would not even go to parties because I was so paranoid lol. Some people can handle it but I just lose my voice if I get too high.

7. #7 TrueNirvana, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I also recoomend a SmokeBudy. Its this mini $20 bottle that masks ANY smoke you blow into it. Its a sploof? On their site they say it lasts for 300hits but I've had mine for maybe 400+. I'd post a video but I'm on mobile.

I think a mflb + smokebudy are the perfect combination for stealth smoking.

8. I moved across the country, made some friends and stayed with them illegally until I could save some money from a minimum wage job, then some of us later became roomates and we all got a apartment together. Started from nothing and still at nothing..but I got a roof above my head and the obvious things I need to survive. Everyday is an adventure :) So you really dont need anything, just your motivation and will to persevere.

9. Im going to college in colorado with my brother and we're bringing about a qp and our volcano and also all of our shit.

10. I was actually wondering and thinking about this for myself. Pretty helpful thank you

11. If you plan to toke in college then at least bring a bowl and have a GOOD fucking hiding spot. I have a small lock box for mine. Its all about moderation my man. Good luck.