going away to college for the sake of moving out

Discussion in 'General' started by jimboob, Jul 25, 2010.

1. I feel like im cranky and short with my parents because of things going on here. I don't have many friends, only had one short relationship and im just bored and end up doing drugs to kill that bordem. I'm just overall pretty unhappy here...on the surface around my friends i can seem happy, but its not 100% real, and at work im miserable, and at home i kinda take it out on my parents by not having the patience to spend time with them. I just feel really bad and i think my dad gave up trying to connect with me again. It feels like at some point in my life i went away and came back a completly different person.

should i give myself some space just for the sake of getting some poon and meeting new people? to be honest even though its going to cost a little extra money (not that much, college is 3,000 right now, bout 16,000 if i leave.) that sounds like a stupid question. and when i come back ill be a happier person, and i wont be so cranky around my parents, amirite?
    if i left i'd leave after christmas

2. Well going to college and getting an education, if you are serious about learning, is never a bad thing. If their is also tension between you and your parents, it would be best to take time from seeing them as to not burn any bridges even further. Oh, and the most important thing, just because your in college and live in the area, it doesn't guarantee that you'll get a lady or even random girl hookups. You still need to have something they want. For example, my buddy in his freshman and sophomore got no booty at all. What was weird is that he is above average looking but lacked communication skills with girls.
    After a couple other mutual friends and I had a sort of intervention man style with bud, liquor, video games, and some honest talking, my friend changed and now gets women easily. So, what I am trying to get at, is that if you feel you need it, before going to college, brush up on your approach to women.

3. hmm i need to learn from this one. and also op go to college get an education even i go to a pos community college.

4. Going to college is a smart thing to do but as you said it can cost quite a bit of money and should not be wasted. If your going to get an education that is good but if your just going to run away then i think you should reconsider. Just make sure your doing it for the right reasons.

5. alright guys thanks, i think i can hold my own with the ladies no problem, i just dont think i get too many opportunities because i have a very small group of friends. got knda isolated by highschool.

and i definalty am looking to get an education. i love college, but i want to be out on my own. i got plenty of ambition too, i wanna do big things :D

and sorry bout the spelling