Going away for week?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Snoopyfdc, May 28, 2011.

1. Aim going away for week. Nobody to water my girls. Any ideas? Also just changed the lighting from 18/6 to 15/ 9 looking to change to 12/12 next week so the Mazar will flower. Also I heard the Mazar will grow more is that true? I hope the autos don't dislike the change.

Attached Files:

2. Autos don't give a flying fuck about light times, as long as they get enough (10+ hours) it's good enough for them. Your Mazar will grow a bunch during flowering, I've found that plants usually double or even triple in size/height during flowering.

As for watering your plants, the only solution I can think of is to set up a drip system for when you're gone. They can go a week without nutes but they'll need H20 for sure.

Good Growing and Happy Toking!

3. Thanks tokerman. Any simple drips systems you can recommend?

4. Unfortunately I've always had someone who can take care of my babies for a week or two so I wouldn't be able to help you with finding one, but I'm sure that you can find some online, or around the forums.

5. Thanks anyway bro

6. I'm in your same position. I'm going on vacation in July and by then my babies will be starting to flower. I'm looking into the Aqua globes. Google it - people have used them to some success in the past.

They are cheap on Amazon too...

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Aqua-Globes-Watering-Bulbs-2-pk/dp/B0018KJWSW]Amazon.com: Aqua Globes Watering Bulbs 2-pk.: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

7. No problems man, always glad to help out a fellow smoker/grower! Otherwise I wouldn't float around the forums I guess... but yeah, feel free to post up or PM me with any more questions you may have!

8. Thanks again to both of you

9. The problems with aquaglobes is that they release constant amounts of water, which isn't the ideal situation for your plants, you want to give them some time between waterings, which you can set up with a drip system, but I suppose the aquaglobes would be better than nothing...

10. Ive used aqua globes, but theyre a little sketchy...
    One of them got plugged by the dirt and didnt release any water, where the other two worked fine.
    Not the best, but its better then nothing.
    How often do you need to water OP? in a week time period that is....
    If its alot, then the globes might be insufficient.

11. I guess I'll report my results in July!

12. i went away for 9 days when my current grow was 3 weeks in veg. All i did was watered the plant almost a full gallon, and raised my lights, and topped. When I got back, it was dry but alive. you should be fine.