Going away for 6 days. Help watering?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Individuality, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Hello everyone, I am planning on going out of town for 6 days next month. I will be running hempy buckets in 3.5 gal square containers. I was wondering since im supposed to water it every 2-3 days, how would I go about watering or keeping them alive while im gone?

Thanks for the help

2. I don't know anyhting about hydro, but you can make a simple effective drip system for cheap. Good luck

3. anyone any ideas this is my first time using a hempy bucket

4. ok check this...

put a bucket to catch the runoff under the hempy bucket... and install a submersible inline pump and set that to run on a timer... the water will be nasty but it will auto circulate and get you by for the few days your gone

5. exactly. all you have to do is keep em alive while you're gone. they're usually pretty resilient plants

6. Okay i can understand this idea but the thing is i don't have just one plant. I have close to 8 different buckets that would need attending.

What if I got containers for the buckets that were larger in width and length but not much taller than where the whole for drainage is and just let that fill up with runoff when I water it before I go out of town so there will be more of a res to drink from

7. you referring to bubble buckets?

8. No, a hempy bucket is a hempy bucket not a bubble bucket

9. sorry to chime in, recirc, recirc,recirculate

10. yeah.. gonna have to purchase either something to catch all the runoff in one huge tray or purchase five gallon buckets and link them together some how with a inline pump to keep them watered... this could be a full time system once your done.. but this is just one idea

11. I've read that plastic bottle(s) with a pin hole may provide enough life support. I'd imagine that duct tape placed over the hole would help minimize the drip rate.