going away for 2 weeks PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by msad420, Jun 17, 2011.

1. ok so in about 1 month i am going on vacation for 2 weeks and i dont really want to kill my babies.. right now i have 5 growing that are abou 2 and a half weeks old and will soon be going outdoors.. my plan is to just water them alot before i leave and also make a circle with the soil to hold in more water will my plants be completley 100 percent ok if i do ths? or do i need to make self waterin systems? im really freakin out over all this...

2. im also thinking get peices of sponge and putting that into the soil pre soaked alsomaybe peicesof bark on top near the stem to stop evaperation

there is no way i can avoid these 2 weeks of me going away :mad: so i have to think of something guys please help me

3. ok so my idea is once they are in the ground in there soil mix i will than add a layer of sponges that were pre soaked in water than a layer of dirt that is high in clay like muddy like good idea? and than finally a layer of bark/mulch/ peatmoss.. and also watering them alot befor i leave... will they survive.. my vacation is in about1 month and 15 days so by than my plants will be almost 2 months old and well established btw..

4. i was also consdering takig my hose and turning it on and running it throughout all the plants at the bottom and than poke holes were the hose meets the soil and put it on a steady drip IDEAS GUYS PLLLLLLLEASE

5. get outta here with those lame ideas if u dont have the time dont grow in the first place

6. get a timer on your hose and set it up

7. get a good friend to water it then give him some bud when it comes to harvest

8. you have some time, try a drip system made out of a bucket, put a hole in the bottom and put a length of air line and a connector in it , the type you get from the pet store with the little tap on it. hang the bucket and set the drip, time how long it will last and simply adjust it to last for 2 weeks, works a treat if your that concerned about it.

9. THANKS GUYS but to the first comment i dont think there lame ideas.. i took them from othe ppl on difrent forums and such.. and i do have the time to grow. im only gone for 2 weeks weed grow for way longer than that so there was really no need for the first commet..

do u guys think the hose idea would work good.? or the drip line? i think the hose would be good cuz it will just give a steaddy drip.. and ill be able to run it at the bottom of all the plants

10. i would just hope it rains..

11. i hope it rain to but i already put to much time and effort into all this to just hope it rainsn i need a solid plan that i can trust 100percent u know?

12. k guys i got some good news. my freind is going to stop by my house during the two weeks and feed them twice so 1 time evrey week and water them once .. im also just going to water them a good amount when i leave

so lol

day 1 i will water and feed them this day ...

day 2

day 3

day 4

day 5 if it hasent rained by now my freind will stop by and water with distilled water

day 6

day 7

day 8

day 9

day 10

day 11

day 12 my freind will stop by and feed and water them

day 13

day 14 if they need a tad bit of water hell stop by

i m not really sure on when to feed my plants.. i am thinking water them evrey 3-5 days and feed themevrey week could u guys help me out yet again lol

13. There is no such thing as 100% when growing outdoors. Way too many factors that none of us can control. Go for a drip system. It's gonna be your best bet. Good luck man. Thanks for asking before you left town. Most people ask these kind of questions after it's already too late. You have a month of prep time. Iam confident you will figure something out.

14. ya either ill do the drip system or ill just get my freind to stop by 3-4 times in those 2 weeks to water and feed.. im not to worried now.. and if he bails on me or something ill just make the drip systems

15. I don't care how good of friends you are don't tell him!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. agree unless you guys were in it from the start..
    2 weeks? check the 10 day forecast? i dont know where youare located it but chances are it will rain once, maybe more depending on location.
    you stressin man

i know here in mideast the weather forecast shows storms on and off for the next couple weeks

17. ya i know it will probally rain but i need a backup plan ... and my frind alrady knows im growing... hes growing right now aswell .. trust me this kid would never fuck me over .. and when those 2 weeks come it will onlybe preflowering so he want even be temped ..

18. but he will know where the plants are when it comes budding time..

19. Get a bunch if water jugs or 2L pop bottles filled with water and poke 2 or 3 dozen pinholes in the bottom of them. I would say to use maybe 3 or 4 per plant. They will slowly drip the water into the soil. Make sure the holes are above the soil and not pressed against it or it won't drip properly. Obviously also give them a good soaking the day before you leave and then place your water jugs or bottles around them. As well after you give them the last soak, spread a good couple inches of naturally colored mulch around them, that way your soil wont dry out as fast as it would just being exposed to the sun and wind. I always mulch my soil when I grow outside so keep it on all season.