Going away and worried about my plants drying out

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jackmir, Nov 30, 2011.

1. I'm planning a road trip that might last over a week, and with nobody to water my plants while I'm gone, I think they might die :(

How long can they hold out without water?
    Any advice on reducing the plant's perspiration or increasing humidity in the grow room?
    There is nobody that I can trust to tell about my lil grow op

2. they sell little drippers in pet stores they are for lizards but could work. or keep it watered for a day or 2. but i think it you water it alot b4 you go it should be ok for a week..

3. Yea,what r those things u stick in the ground ? Its full of water like a bulb.

4. oo ha the watering bulbs things
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Aqua-Globes-AG011706-Watering-2-Pack/dp/B000FHAJ90"]http://www.amazon.com/Aqua-Globes-AG011706-Watering-2-Pack/dp/B000FHAJ90[/ame]

5. what stage are your plants at? they suck up a hell of a lot more water during flower than they do in veg.

if they are fairly new plants, you may be able to get by with a week. would be pushing it though.

wouldn't it be worth it to tell someone, and have them know, than for your plants to die? im sure you can find someone you trust..

6. [quote name='"MaineCronic"']what stage are your plants at? they suck up a hell of a lot more water during flower than they do in veg.

if they are fairly new plants, you may be able to get by with a week. would be pushing it though.

wouldn't it be worth it to tell someone, and have them know, than for your plants to die? im sure you can find someone you trust..[/quote]

I got 3 baby clones,1 mother, and 3 flowering...
    I rather die than tell anybody in this town!
    lol no way man.

I might use those glass tubes suggested above. And make it a week long trip

Cheers for the advice :)

7. Theres also the wicking method where you just put a bucket of water (or whatever you use) below the plant, pull a rope through the soil and dangle it in the water, keeps the plant soil moist for awhile. You would want a few per pot. Someone did that being gone 2 weeks awhile back and he came back to manageable conditions. I dont think the bucket has to be below.... same idea as an oil lamp, keeps the wick wet and as it dries it pulls it from the resivour. I spelled that word wrong. :(

Water bulbs could work too!

Mine holds out without water 2 to 4 days at a time, than I water her again :)