Going all out on growing 2 plants

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Dmart, Nov 12, 2016.

1. #1 Dmart, Nov 12, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    I am sick of buying so I am deciding to grow. I live in a house that everyone smokes in. Ordered this lighting system "VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series 300W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower" for my grow tent that I ordered called "Yaheetech 24"x24"x48" Hydroponic Indoor Garden Grow Tent Non Toxic Room",

Would the lighting system work well in that grow tent. I know its small but I plan on only growing 2 plants for medical use. Also I plan on keeping it in my room which has a door to an attic that I was going to place it in. How do I keep it warm enough? I was reading I need a fan going as well as a carbon filter + the vent to let the air out. Is that truly needed or just needed if I do this in my attic? Also If I end up doing it in my closet would it smell through out an entire house? and do I need a fan and filter to get the air flowing if its in my closet?

Thanks.

2. Light is too small , you need two of them minimum. Did you research anything before deciding to grow ?
    Sounds like you have read the proper way , but want to cut corners , so your grow won't be that good .
    If you read how to grow properly and then don't follow the plan you are destined to fail .
    Kinda like a recipe and NOT following the directions or changing ingredients
    Cut all the corners you want , but don't bitch about the final product then

3. You should probably try and stick to one plant in that little tent. If you buy a bigger tent I would definitely buy another 300w. You always need ventilation, doesn't need to be carbon filter but in mid flower these plants smell really strong. I grow 2 at a time and before I started venting outside my whole apartment smelled very green. Mostly the ventilation is to bring fresh air to your plants and remove heat. Even leds create a bit of heat so you need some sort of ventilation.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I am buying the fan/filter and everything. I received the light today and its incredibly bright. Like extremely good probably would be more than enough for 2 plants. I just need to know if the height is bad. I bought the item on amazon and it had good ratings so I assume its decent quality. If I did 1 plant how much yield could I potentially grow? Do you know of any grow tents the same dimensions but taller? I paid 53$ on Amazon for this one.(good ratings)'

Edit: also according to amazon reviews it producing virtually no heat because it has a cooling fan in it already

5. I am flowering one plant under a 450w viparspectra LED and so far based on the no. Of bud sites I expect to get at least 2 ounces from the plant. (Purple Kush)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Oh shit only 2 oz? I was planning on 6 OZ minimum lol. Am I over thinking this?? I was planning on using endo/ecto mycorrhizae(fungus that has symbiotic relationship with most plants) to increase yield and growth by a good amount.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Everything is limited to light. If you want big plants you have to get big light.

8. This light is big? Its over 2 feet long. On amazon reviews people said they are using it for 2 weed plants. Te results from the yield were a ton too. Are you guys sure this is bad? This is amazon link

9. #9 generic98547, Nov 12, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    It's 136 actual watts that's not much it'll do one plant in that small tent decently but that's nothing compared to these 600-1000 actual watt HID systems

Focus on ONE plant at a time that's a small space just focus on one plant and look up plant training techniques to get it nice a bushy for the best yield.

Even if everything went perfect which it probably won't and you don't slow growth any you might get 4-5 oz but that'd be someone who's good at growing and has been doing it and has technique down

And anybody please feel free to chime in and correct me if I'm wrong I'm by no means a pro

10. Your lights not over 2 feet long if it's in a 2x2 tent haha your lights a little over a foot long your tent sn't big enough for 2 plants just one. Id recommend an indica dominant with a lot of LST.

11. Use for veg, preferably not for flower.

12. why not flower? All the reviews on amazon said it works very well. Hell even people posted pictures of their bud and it looks very very good.

13. Only because it doesnt have much red. Its a pretty balanced light, you could definitely use it for veg and bloom...but youd be doing your plants a favor to find a light that has predominantly red light for flowering.
    personally veg with a 450W viparspectra and the plants love it. Have yet to flower, but am gonna use two galaxy hydro 300w for it for the extra red.

14. downloadfile.jpg
    Two plants. 3'x3'. 3 weeks from sprout. believe my plants loved the 450spectra for veg.

15. OP, you're asking for advice just to turn around and explain why you don't need it.

• Like Like x 2
  16. I have a 2 by 4' tent by 60 " tall and 2 of the same lights- would highly recommend auto-flower plants due to limited height( iI have a foot more and worried about height .With scrog set 8" over pots and training (LST and Scrog ) should fill lighting space- The 300 wt Vipar Has a Max 2' by 2" footprint (very direct focus} on any Led

17. Holy shit 3 weeks from sprout? Like after it germinated it took 3 weeks to reach that? No way? Mine are going but not that size I hope my lighting doesnt suck cuz ill return it if I can

18. #18 astrohammer, Dec 10, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    I didnt want to be complicated unless you were curious.
    Specifically the left one is 3 weeks, the right one is older by a week and a few days.
    Yes after germination, planted, once they got out of the dirt i started the clock.
    Lst'd, no nutes, used only fox farm soil when transfering them to 6gal, 24/0 light. I used miracle grow to start lol, noob mistake, but its not like it killed them o_O.
    450w vipar is good so far in my books. Two of them tho...;)
    Heres how theyre doin now..(still havent flowered).
    14813553219341006358068.jpg
    wanted to flower earlier but ran into a ph problem-->nutrient uptake prob..so decided to prolong veg to fix it.
    As for te different hues of light. The right is given the 450 vipar for now, and tye left has both the 300hydros on it.
    Using all 3 right now...i mean why not, better footprint.
    Surprisingly to myself, people have pulled off some great grows with way less light.
    See ya! Have fun and dont sweat, hopefully we have our entire lives to get better more powerful lights.

19. I'm thinking that I might return my lighting and buy a 450wat one. What do you think?

• Like Like x 1
  20. #20 astrohammer, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    What I know is one vipar's footprint will be okay for two plants. Depending on if and how you plan to lst then you'll need to be able to cover more canopy while giving the plants the same intensity(par). Which in most cases would require TWO vipars.
    That is why its a plan to buy another vipar next grow...
    Plan to do a major scrog.