Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

goin to amsterdam, advice needed

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by phishsticks, Mar 25, 2007.

1. hi all, i might be going to Amsterdam in a few days and like some advice on how to hook up with bud over there..
    is it really that easy to smoke there?
    anyone been there? how is it like? tips for the ganja enthusiast?

been doin research and stuff but dont think its enough

thanks all

2. Go to a coffee shop, they'll give you a menu with a bunch of different kinds of weed on it, and you get to pick out whatever you want.

No, I'm not kidding.

3. sounds sweet.. been lookin at a number of coffeshops too.. looks like ill have fun

4. Let me know how it is when you get back... i'm going to amsterdam this summer :smoking:

5. amsterdam is sick, it is that easy, ask for a menu and take your pick, as of last summer it was € 10/gram for most weeds, im talking about high quality killer stuff. Numerous hashes available as well, a luxury we dont always have here in the states. have a sick trip :smoking:

6. Almost 20 bucks a G forget that.

7. I used to live in Germany and believe me, Amsterdam is gross as hell.

Here is MY tip from personal wisdom: avoid redlight district. You'll never have seen so many NASTY hookers in your life.

And if you do go, tell Angelique yo. :devious:

8. go to another town and airmail some to my address please

9. haha has anyone been to anyother citys in the Netherlands? since Amsterdam according to some, is dirty and shitty what are some other good places? Rotterdam maybe?

10. I've heard prices for coffee shops are lower outside of amsterdam. Rotterdam will have good bud, Ive heard the vibe is alot less touristy, and chill there.

11. then maybe thats where i wanna go

12. just got back from amsterdam and it was amazing.

i would nto call it dirty, especially if ur from the states and live in a lrage city.

dont buy from dealers, its unneccesary and the only way the make money is off oturists because everyone else knows to go to a coffeeshop

my two favorite coffeeshops were the black star and the grey area. the grey area has the best weed IMO and has an amazing collection of glass bongs to use. it is small however so try and go at a less crowded time so you can grab a table. the black star has amazing deals, 1.7gs for 10 euro, and the reggae music makes and generally chill vibes make it a favorite of mine.

as for tips, dont take rips that are going to make you cough. you will look like just another dumb tourist who cant handle smoking in the unique environment. just relax with your smoke and dont try to be showy in any way. by this i mean dont be like, shit im about to rip this bong up and take the biggest hit ever. also, sharing joints is kind of unusual, especially between more than two people. most locals roll their joints with tobacco, something many tourists find unusual.

but defenietly go to the grey area and pick up a gram or two of their grey haze and chill with one of their amazing glass bongs, that was my most enjoyable time i had in amsterdam, and everyone there agreed that it was their favorite shop.

stay away from the red light district, and dont spend all of your time in the coffee shops. the city has alot of amazing sights to offer including the heineken brewery, breathtaking art museums, and some amazing architecture(sp?)

13. ^^^^^ woah man im so high right now and i started reading that info. and it went into a story and was like sweet,

and have fun in Amsterdam.

14. Yeah man, same thing just happened to me. I felt like I was reading a flyer in the airport, you know to like advertise for places like that. Weird.

15. Amsterdam's alot of fun, just remember its not nesecarily (can never fucking spell that word) chill to smoke everywhere. I stayed in a sketchy cheap place so we could blaze it up in our room but most hotels I think you can't. At night in the red light district you can pretty much just smoke anywhere.

The big ass park by the van gough museum and the rijkseisekseisjeksij-something museum is a pretty awesome place to smoke. Its got these metal plates in the ground that make noise when you jump on them and some people are really good at it.

If you buy shrooms don't take the whole container, I learned that the hard way. If you wander around the red light district they have a couple pretty awesome glass stores, theres one next to an eastern religious shop where the owner blows some sick pieces. And some serious belgian waffles, some bomb munchies.

Go the the cannabis college, its a weed museum.

16. i love goin to amsterdam...i've been there twice and those definately aren't the last times i'm going... but i do want to get out of the dam and see the rest of the country...

i've heard Utrecht was really chill and less touristy....

check out Lost in Amsterdam. it's not a coffeeshop, but they are smoke friendly and the place has a HUGE selection of hookahs... they will take the green you have and mix it in the hookah and let you smoke it on any of their 3 floors.... soooo chill with great music and food... last time i was in the Dam we spent like 2 hours just relaxing there...
    lostinamsterdam.com

when i was there over the summer on my last day i took a train out to a little town called Weesp... they didn't have a coffeeshop... at least not one i could find... but the little town was a very modern, clean, and beautiful. I went to a local supermarket and really saw a cultural difference. When you visit Amsterdam the culture is definately international.. almost everyone speaks english and it's geared towards not only tourists, but the international community it hosts....

Going to the town showed me a glimpse into normal dutch life... plus there was some really good food at the supermarket...

then i went to a little canal and sat and smoked a spliff... soo chill... soo nice

and yes in the last pic there's a windmill!!

a windmill!

have a blazin trip mate:smoking:
    hippy

Attached Files:

17. wear one of those backpacks that hang to the side, try not to look like a damn tourist..no maps lol and if u need to look at a map go in a bathroom, cause amsterdamski people pray on tourists

18. Me too i felt the exact same thing.. haha :smoking:

19. Do you get price breaks at the coffee shops?

20. After very much research in my brain I have compiled the amsterdamn survival kit

number one you must bring a lunch and maybe even a light snack for breakFAST

than you slide on by your local walmart to buy some lighters

well than you go there after that i guess, anyways thats the best way to have a good trip, peace :smoking: