Goin on Vacation

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by laxcus27, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Sup, in a few days im going on vacation and wont be able to water my plants for a few days. Is there anyway to get them some water? My buddy mentioned something about somethign you put in the soil that releases water when ever the plant gives off nitrogen. Is this necessary or will my plants be fine without water for 2 days?

2. there's a few things you can do. if you can lower the lights the plants will use less water, by lower I mean lower the wattage not the height ;) just remove a light bulb if you can...that'd be easiest.

also you can just water them real good and put them in a tray with an extra inch of water in it. One time I couldn't fit any trays under my plants and put the bottoms of them in ziplock bags with rubberbands around them..then I watered with a little runoff..the bags held some extra water/humidity for the plants to suck up.

3. These MJ plants are very resilient as long as they are not constantly abused. If you forget to feed them for a day or 3, they will still survive as long as you feed them normally afterwards.

I've seen half-wilting clones on dirty rock wool cubes that were left half-watered for weeks become healthy plants after careful feedings.

4. so you think it would be alright to not water them for like 2 days?

5. Personally I water mine every 2 or 3 days as a regular thing. Most things I have read say MJ like things on the dry side. I would say water it just before you go and as soon as you get back. Its only 2 days.

Also make sure it couldn't grow into the lights if you keep them close to the leafs.

6. alright guys thanks for the help

7. really insightful.