Goin' Campin' this summer. WHERE TO GO IN THE NORTHEAST!

Discussion in 'General' started by flashpipe, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Looking for somewhere I can get in a day ( Live on the NH/ME border ) and me and my friends are looking for somewhere to go camp. Preferably not in a campground because we want to toke up and have a few brews without getting in trouble. I'd say I'd drive up to 12 hours one way for a sick spot.

So any ideas? Can be in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Connecticut, New Jersey? Also looking for somewhere that isnt way to hot ( so lets keep this above D.C. )

2. Make it a real trip and hit up one of the many Music Festivals in Upstate NY. Just to name a few around the area Camp Bisco, Big Up, Mow down or Snow down something like that, Gathering of the Vibes and so many more.

3. does NH have some sick forests and shit?

thats prolly where id go

4. NH = Felony getting caught, so I'd rather stay out of forests where theres a ton of forest rangers.

5. Phish is having a three day run in Bethel, NY - where Woodstock took place.

There's going to be a bunch of people camping, lot's of drugs and wookies, should be a good time.

6. Doesn't the App Trail extend up into Maine. There's usually good places to camp every couple miles, at least the parts I've done (some in VA and GA).

7. I decided to go to Phish Super Ball instead of Bethel show. Going to be so much fun!

8. im sure u know this place, but saco river...had some friends go there a week after i did and they camped (i canoed and camped over 3 days) and they got away with a lot of shit

lol at saco river last year we ended up having to camp in a real campsite after a day of canoeing, and we kinda just hoped no one would come to charge us or anything...well a couple hours later some guy comes to us looking for money, we either pay him or get up and unpack and go to a new spot when its dark out and were all fucked up

so while this guy is waiting for our credit card to go thru, he sits down on our cooler, and right next to him was a big bag of weed, probly about an ounce and a half, he DEF saw it but didnt say anything, didnt see any cops that weekend either

saco river is a great spot, def going back this summer

9. Your wrong :cool:

10. Yea, I want to go to both, in fact, I want to just follow them around for the entire first leg of their tour.

Alas, I got an excellent job that won't let me take time off like that. Good for my future, bad for my summer.

11. You can't go wrong camping in the Northeast. Every state has something to offer. There are plenty of beautiful state parks in Pennsylvania, my personal favorites are World's End and Rickett's Glen. You also can't go wrong with upstate New York's Finger Lakes. Also, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine are full of beautiful parks. If you go up as far as Maine, make sure to bring bug spray, the mosquitoes attack in swarms.

12. ^^^^ yeah seriously...bugs in maine blow so fucking bad