1. Now this is the question. I would like to know what peoples views on God are and also if you believe in a so called god, crater ect. Also why do you believe in your God!

Peace and love people

Power over others is weakness disguised as strength. True power if within, and it is available to you now :smoke:

2. I don't believe in a God as in the typical "big guy in the sky." I believe the term "God" refers to the all life force energy and consciousness in the universe. I believe that when you die you don't really go to a "heaven or hell." I just believe that your consciousness shifts in awareness away from your physical body and you become pure thought outside of the realm of time. From there whatever happens is what happens.

3. exactly whut beantown says. we are infinite energy.... we never die, we never are born. we are god....we are the universe.i andi

4. To quote Carl Sagan, "We're made of star stuff."

But honestly, I cannot believe in single, omniscient deity after witnessing all the suffering and devolution of society in the name of faith.

I do however, believe that there is a force that drives us on a daily basis, regardless of our denominations. Is it a great creator? A deep, primal instinct? Cthulhu? I'm not sure, and I think to a great extent, I'm better off not knowing.

I guess I'm just not a huge fan of being a slave to the man behind the curtain when I've never seen his face, heard his voice, nor checked his syllabus for mankind. If I was to believe all secondhand accounts of every piece of history, then I'd essentially be basing my whole existence on a game of Telephone.

5. :D i feel the same way.

6. awesome analogy. i will have to take that from you for future discussions with theists :smoke:

7. God.
    DOG !
    THEY'RE SECRETLY OUT TO GET YOU !

just kidding
    But really though everyday i'm teaching mans best friends something....

to OP:
    the only thing im 100% confident that i own my own thoughts. I also have control over my body. Therefore, I am the god of my body. Everything outside of that is speculation. I try to be the best person i can and learn from my mistakes. I spread as much happiness and knowledge that i can. Unfortunately, i belong to no religion. If god does exist, he'll send me to hell with a tear in his eye because i was a good man trying my hardest.

"I can never be what I wanna be nothing but a man,
    Nothings evil inside of me, nothing I can understand
    If I try, so I try to get a grip, a hold, a handle, a hand... a fist" - P.O.S.

8. Run with it, man.

9. I think every individual has their own reality, which mingles with the realities of others. God is like the all knowing manifestation of yourself and this manifestation is unique to everybody. Its a complicated subject and I don't think anyone, including myself, will understand it in our time on earth. All we can do is to believe what we think is right and to never cease in our pursuit of knowledge, be it in verse, or lack thereof.

10. #10 ete23, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2010
    god is.. my signature, its all about the loving source, the infinite source..

11. #11 kannabiskid, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
    i thought i saw God once before... it was in the eyes of my girlfriend.

God is Love.

Love is pure energy.

we all have this energy within us... i think. i know for a fact that it is within me. i have wielded this energy, used it for my own advantage...

i have learned so much over the last few months and for some reason it is extremely difficult for me to convey my message. i get panic attacks when i get close to fully comprehending the scale and simplicity of it all...

God is Love. There is no need to make it complicated. The Truth is pure and our minds can only dilute that singularity.

EDIT- exgirlfriend...

12. #12 ete23, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2010
    yes love
    i like when you said dilute, good stuff
    i to, have experience pure love, and was brought to tears right away when i realized it.

13. Love all your comments people! :smoke:

14. I believe in God the way the bible tells it, which I do not believe is "a big man in the sky" as a lot of people misconceive Him to be. I believe He is a force within everyone and everything, basically. I won't get too in depth, some people here are really sensitive when it comes to talking about religion and that's not exactly what we are discussing.

15. amazing. you just put the words to the thoughts ive been having for a long time. +rep

16. #16 str8zootedNC, Nov 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2010
    divinity within the trinity.

infinite "being"

pure, clean, righteous, LOVE

God is Love. Do right, treat others the way you want to be treated and be conscientious of the world (its people and Mother Earth).

[​IMG]

Ayahuasca - Shamans in SOUTH AMERICA. they got a good thing going. learn a lot from history as it tends to repeat itself in a diminishing way....less and less each year that passes by.

important to conserve as much as we can for our children of the world. world peace. no fight for oil, drugs, power, money, etc.

everyone live like the indians, raise a family(if thats for you), have you a garden, and work from dusk to dawn...

...and have you a nice :smoke: at the end of a days of hard work.

thats when you look up and say, God is good

17. AMEN. everyone on this thread speaking the TRUTH

18. Led me give you the opinion of most scientists.

God basically serves too purposes: he created us and he controls our fates.

Where did life (and we) come from?
    God to me is in all fundamental particles, quarks, electrons, protons, and neutrons. Since time zero of our universe, when it was an infinitely dense ball of mass, the big bang has occured and our universe has expanded. God tugs between all of these particles...nuclei stay bound together, charged objects attract or repel, and gravity brings mass together (only noticeable for large masses i.e Earth).

Build the universe in a computer, run the mathematical simulations, and you'll see in the first billion years galaxies, stars, and planets form.:eek:

On the crazy surface of the young Earth, electrical and chemical reactions generated water, salt, phosphorous, and many crazy elements/compounds. Soon, as fate would have it, the basic monomers of life were born from crazy electrical/chemical reactions. After many failed attempts, DNA was formed and a very primitive cell was born with only DNA and a few organelles. Somehow it managed to divide, and slowly this thing began to change each time it divided.

Eventually, two of these cells came together, and soon we had basic multicellular organisms. Then fish, amphibians, reptiles, mammals, apes, and finally our faithful homo sapiens sapiens, with our (I regret calling them this) highly sophisticated brains.

So that is life in a nutshell.

How about consciousness?

Scientists strongly believe consciousness is a result of the brain. The thalamo-cortico-thalamic circuits in our brains are thought to create consciousness. They process all sensory information, all active thinking, emotions, and many other things we are "aware" of into one loop. This loop becomes less active during sleep, which agrees with our subjective reports of lessened consciousness during sleep.

So scientists really don't believe a special place exists called "heaven" or "hell", just more empty space above Earth's surface. Our fates are controlled by the laws of nature and our decision making. When you die, your brain stops calculating and you go into a never ending sleep. I was in nonexistence for 14 billion years, and only 18 so far. It's been fun.

Super high when I wrote this, hopefully it makes sense.:wave:

19. i believe in the all knowing , all powerful , all loving flying spaghetti monster who sent his one and only son raptor jesus to come to earth and die for our sins

20. i believe in a god in the sense that an ant might believe in us as its own god if it could. i doubt it has a human personality, and pretty much that it is the entire universe itself. its like how we are pretty much the universe to any bacteria living on or in us.