1. Bull.Shit.

Is it wrong to steal bread to feed a starving family? Is it wrong to kill to protect your loved ones?
    I really don't have much say in whether or not you steal from me, if you done it properly how would I even know?
    Of course all morality is subjective.
    In this day and age sacrificing animals or people would be considered horrific and barbaric, in days gone by it was an honour. These people are only being immorally by today's standards.

No, not into behaving morally into behaving like good little sheep who wouldn't question the rule the church and the state had over the people in days gone by.

2. #62 peachesoncracrk, Jun 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2010
    the entire bible is written so that the individual may decipher what he is ready to understand, most of the same teachings are written in every religion, you can call a rock a rock or stone, or heavy object but its still a rock and the latter as well.

spirituality when understood on a more complex and accepting notion can lead to some crazy motherfucking things that are very powerful and extremely intense that will leave you pissing blood from the mere thought of it.

these things are kept from the masses because the masses are not developed or 'aware' enough to comprehend such truths, they would prob freak the fuck out

your spirit is the closest part of you that is connected to 'God' the highest intelligence

"my concious is talking" is really the light of the spirit filtering your thoughts

3. I dont tend to think we are perfect, but i acknowledge that it is a possibility. Like i said, we do not know the final goal or purpose. Maybe we fulfill the purpose or reach the goal perfectly. Maybe there is no other way...

We cannot tell from inside the system.

4. in a sense, you are promoting prayer and that if i sit down and talk to 'god' one will understand everything

no sir, that's not how it works

5. So maybe there's more to being created in gods image than just physical appearances.

I think you should pray with me fatbluntyo and ask to be forgiven.

Dear God,

please forgive fatbluntyo for he is a ignorant fool.

Amen

6. I'm sorry buddy religion is all one big joke. Have you seen your great god??has he talked to you in your prayers. Think about man, how's some guy going to create the world, does e have super powers??no it's science and just nature. And if there is a god how can he let so many people suffer ie.cancer??those people did nothing wrong yet they're dying for what???why dosent he save them??why didn't he do ANYTHING while the poor Jewish race was just massacred and tortured????WHY? It's all bullshit when you realize this you'll be free from your perception of some almighty bein society created for another excuse to drive fear into kids and people into not misbehaving. Much like gov propoganda and marijuAna.

7. lol now where am i doing that? if one were to sit down and pray with great mind force and faith one could arouse the spirits voice but its not so common as not too many actually have faith in what they're doing

now talking about actually understanding it is very difficult because its pretty much undescribable by language alone

we are also trying to explain infinite with a finite mind, when you can cast out presumptions and relativity and have emptied your glass and start to think with the help of the infinite spirit then one comes to undertsand this thing that IS

8. not going to lie, that was pretty funny haha

thank the lord all mighty for sending greenrocket to this thread to save us all from eternal damnation..lemme hear ya say Amen!

but if someone sits down and prays are they not presumably just talking to themselves? where is the faith in that when the "spirit talking" is just your inner self/voice?

touche`, but then how does one explain something they cannot describe? how do i know what you say is even right if you can not even describe it with language?

trust me I understand IS, this thread is not my belief about god, i am just fascinated by religion (why people chose to follow such things) and the concept of god, which is unexplainable....so why not try and find a universally accepted way to explain it!!:D

9. honestly most people dont know how to pray, they hardly connect with their true eternal self which is a piece of the Absolute ("talking" to god in a sense, connecting through the spirit)

to explain it or describe it first one must have knowledge of it and study it and try to understand it the best way he/she can, grow to know it as yourself (its all very personal, spirituality doesn't need church's to manifest as it comes from within, not without) but for another to understand they must have experienced the same thing to compare it relatively to (theory of relativity comes into play which governs most of reality as we know it at this point)

how do you know what i say is right? what i say is what I experience and perceive not based on any outside idea or concept but from within myself casting away confusing influences others have portrayed and relying on the greatest guide in all of us.

you see, if we looked within for answers instead of without/outside of ourselves we would find a much more sensible tale of the nature of things and our own natures to be exact, for again, it lies within

we are all the same spirit inside yet we are always searching outside

sense this does not make to my earnest heart

10. did you experience this feeling before or after trigs?

11. let me tell you i never browsed the spirituality and philo section until i took the biggest trip of my life on DMT lol thats why i advocate it so much because of what it has shown me, in essence i was revealed to myself my spirit in all its pureness and true nature, if you like i can depict almost exactly what happened within my mind-space and elborate further on my experience with the spirit, im at work right now and cannot atm

usually when one inhales DMT the trip can go up to 10 mn but usually lasts 6-8 and in this period the person is silent until he comes back

with me it differs to the point of raising some profound questions, my last trip lasted about 22 mn and i took the hit AFTER my friend had already hit it once so there wasnt too much left. i also start talking incessantly midthrough and as i come back to this plane trying as much as possible to get as many words out before they're gone, i actually have a vid of an old trip that i would share with you personally

12. I am half-human and half-plant, and I can tell you that this is not true. It's faulty logic, besides. If things have intelligence as humans do, then intelligence is independent of some computational organ like the brain. If the "knowing" is independent of physical apparatus, then humans have no real advantage in having more "knowing." We only have more senses for perceiving ourselves than many creatures.

13. It honestly baffles me as to why people aren't much more skeptical of their 'religious/spiritual' experiences while on psychedelics.

14. I believe God acts as the underlying unknown behavior of everything. Eventually learning those unknowns will not negate my personal belief in it, but it will bring better understanding to how it works scientifically. I need not for it to manifest into an entity or perform miracles. Life is a beautiful miracle of a manifestation.

15. [quote name='fatbluntsyo']not going to lie, that was pretty funny haha

thank the lord all mighty for sending greenrocket to this thread to save us all from eternal damnation..lemme hear ya say Amen!

Amen :)

16. "Turn off your mind, relax, and float down stream..."

Just because a spiritual experience happens under the influence of mind altering substance doesn't make it any less spiritual. An altered mind sees more through the narrow lens that is the human mind... I'm sure you tokers can relate to feeling somewhat enlightened by the herb :smoking:

17. This is the kind of statement that makes it all worthwhile.

"I am half-human and half-plant, and I can tell you that this is not true. It's faulty logic"