god

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Digit, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. another thread that needs to be made, having seen so much monkey poo flinging.

god.

god who?

what is god?

if you\'re going to fucking argue it does or does not exist, you should have some clue as to what it is.

if you\'re going to blame this thing you believe doesnt exist, as evidence for its non-existence, maybe you should both learn what circular reasoning is, and if your definition matches other people\'s.

if your going to attribute something to \"god\", then...

oh look, its just that something needs to be done to clear away all the redundant arguments.

like i read in a book once \"leave god alone, you do not know god. god is just what you think it is.\"
    but more accurately, \"god\" is just a fucking word!

so please... can i have your own definition as to what the fuck you are talking about? and leave that fucking word out of it.

2. digi baby..

where i come from ..and where i am going to

that place inside my head the one i dont always lisen to

what drives me to move forward insteed of sitting on my ass

what i turn to when i am lost inside myself

the ability to see clearly the things arround me and not be fooled by fools

the power that drives me to contiue to create my own wonderful universe

the ability to forgive myself and others

i am the center of my own universe and ... is the driving forse behind it

3. phew... and i came here thinking i\'d delete this thread because its only likely to have the point of it overlooked and desend to another pile of drivelous degeneration.

:) glad its not so.

anyways....

and to the people who say that doesnt exist.... :D

hahaha,.

ahhh... my point is made.

thankyou dingus.

4. anytime digit

5. i think you scared them with this one

6. the idea of no god is god, ironic eh? :p

7. It\'s The Force. The flowing, everchanging intersubjectivity which keeps us attuned to one another. The vibes we get from one another. The word that has become False Evidence Appearing Real. The word that carries far too much power for something that holds no power-and yet keeps all in motion and with stimulation-and no concern for such insignificant beings. It is something that dwells within, and also without. It is Yin, and it is Yang, and when one neither submits to it, nor fights against it, one will realize the infinity that it may be.

Of course, as always, this could easily be wrong, and should be considered no more than a humble opinion from one truly unknowing and wholly insignificant person.

8. If you want an answer man well I dont really feel like typing my whole aspect what I know on it so heres something I found on Wikipedia.com

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God

I hope it helps in what you are looking for man.

9. God is a toasted Twinkie roasted over a campfire. Fucking delicious. You should try it.

10. It seems like believers continue to shift the semantic meaning(s) of God at their convenience. Be it polytheism, monotheism, or pantheism, God is nothing more than a gap-filler.

For example, long ago natural disasters were thought to be the vengeance of God. Now, however, we understand the molecular details of something such as lightning, and \'God\'s angry fist\' is no longer applicable. The things that God could be used to explain have been reduced bit by bit since man started to gaze beyond the bleak horizon of beliefs and moved onto having actual thoughts and ideas.

Now, for those of you who follow pantheistic ideas, which seems to be most of you, I can completely understand where you\'re coming from. There is a certain glue that binds everything; a little more or less at the molecular level and matter would lack sufficient cohesion. I don\'t blame people for making the assumption that existence can be attributed to a creator based on that fact. But then, it\'s not fair to make that assumption simply because you lack the knowledge or imagination to find alternatives. That\'s just excusing people from making an effort towards postulative and philosophical thinking.

The primary hurdle here is reaching a full understanding of the definition of pantheism\'s \"God\". A generalized summary would be something along the lines of a collective consciousness that straddles the physical properties of the universe, the energy signatures emitted by living things, and the overall mystery of the origins of life, thought, matter, and the meaning (or lack thereof) attributed to them. This is essentially just seeking a universal connection in things that may or may not be truly connected in a metaphysical sense. It\'s like a number-sequence conspiracy, you\'re bound to find some connection if you look hard enough. I\'m sure you can also find a connection between sidewalks and fat people, mp3 players and Stevie Ray Vaughan, hamburgers and men with long hair, and so forth, but is there really necessarily any meaning to it all? Also, I think there needs to be a great degree of separation between the all-encompassing \"Force\" God, and the typical creator God. Combining the two has only served to create yet another roadblock against forward thinking.

For now, I\'ll say that there certainly is a possibility of a creator, but nothing more than simply a possibility. Believing 100%, without a shred of a doubt, that God exists isn\'t much different than saying \"all women care about is money\"; it\'s just a vast oversimplification.

11. God is nothing. Life is everything. One of the all time pawns of man kind.

12. So how exactly is it that you know for fact that God didn\'t create those processes? You can\'t. All the science in the world cannot disprove God, because IF God did create the universe and all that fun shit, then He also created the processes in which the universe sustains itself. So your molecular details could still be the work of the Creator. My philosophy on this is that we will not know for sure until we\'re dead... So for a person to make the claim \"There is no God\" is just as ignorant as the people who think they got struck by lightning because Zeus was in a bad mood that day.

But yeah... OP... To me that word is something more than myself. It\'s something I cannot express with words. It is a part of everything. I look at nature and I see it. I look up at a beautiful sunset and can feel it in my core. There\'s just not adequate words to express it.

Whether science can find a physical cause for these feelings or not... And who\'s to say that word didn\'t create us specifically with that part of our brain so we\'d have some touch with the spiritual side of things? They may be able to identify the specific part of your brain that sends those signals, but they don\'t know for sure why it\'s there. Who\'s to say it wasn\'t put there for a reason by \"It\"...

13. Indeed.

14. i said leave the fucking word out of it!

cant you explain it without using that word!???

come on people!

- not reading any posts in this thread that attempt to use that fucking word in it\'s description. :p

15. i tell you not many are up to this task....

16. i think most of them dont realy know what ... is to them....

becouse they have not thought enuf about it for themselves and are trying to rely on what they have been told insted of making up there own minds....

i am sure this does not apply to every one ....but most

17. A clown in a suit.

The religious point out the suit while their opposition point out the red nose and humongous shoes.

They are both wrong.

18. So, to not believe in him we must first believe in him actually representing an entity?

How ironic.

God is nothing.

19. still cant follow the guidlines of this thread?

if ... is nothing?

than why does the spirit embodyed by this idea live in the harts and minds of so many people?

what if i said to you love is nothing?

can not this point be argued by the exact same arguements?

20. You can believe whatever you want.
    Hell, I can believe in a flying nugget of marijuana who spreads truth to people.
    How does that make it any more of a fact of realism?

I don\'t need to prove God doesn\'t exist because I\'m sure every time I pointed out obvious things that he did not control I would be blasted by people telling of strange miracles that supposedly proves his existence.

I could make the same point that a schizophrenic\'s imaginary friend was real because the idea resides in the schizo\'s heart and mind.

If you\'re allowed to believe in him without evidence, I\'m allowed to disbelieve in him without evidence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.