God Omnibenevolent?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Happygrass420, Aug 12, 2007.

1. The concept of omnibenevolence stems from two basic ideas of God, that he is perfect and morally good, Therefore he possess perfect goodness. does this sound like a Omnibenevolent god
    23: And he (Elisha) went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24: And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them."

this sounds more worthy of a demon than a god. id like to see your thoughts on this

2. Sounds like there trying to desribe a bald eagle

Sounds like a metaphor for the wrath or revenge of nature.

There trying to explain that eagles are angry creatures.(I lost my train of thought)

3. :laughing:

The best thing about questions like this is just to rely on your own answers.

4. Its a big problem nowdays with nerly anything religion based. and thats that the books you are reading from were written so many years ago and we can only interpret what we think it COULD be.
    i dont think those two passages would really effect gods omnibenevolence. bcause there are plenty of things that suggest he is all loving

5. Thats why I don't read the bible,too manyn damn metaphor's,I'm really starting to thing it was made too confuse us......sounds plausible....

6. That is the thing though, if I go around telling people I am all loving, forgiving, good, wonderful, and super awesome, and if I have that put in books and commercials for everyone to see, and then I go and order the death of countless numbers of women and children, am I really those good things, or do I just have a good PR guy? :)

7. omnibenevolence, yeah, sure, k, i'll accept that. so benevolent that we're even given the gift of freedom to reject that benevolence and creating our own suffering, should that be what we want. :D

mmmm..... thnx for the benevolence. :D

hahaha.

nah, these word markers are nice, and you can play around with it, get in a real muddle and all sorts.

its better to come from, and find yourself, understanding. understanding is so very important. i so strongly dessire to communicate this to you...

the why of beneveolence.

it COMES FROM understanding.

its an understanding that is available to us ALL, no matter where we are in our journeys, no matter if unaware of the great infinate interconnectednesses, no matter if under the ilusion of your self being seperate or whose needs are greater, no matter... the understanding is available to you to return to, for it is something we already know, we simply need to allow ourselves to return to it, which we will, when the timing is right for us. each.

8. yeah... if your gonna reference the bible then. :D orginally, much of the bible was written pre monotheism, however you interpret that theologically. yep, the "godS" likely were those demon "gods" from the "heavens" (space). its one fucker of a storybook to navigate. you've seen the trouble that can arise from it. :D best to get as high as possible, to get as full a vantage point as possible before tackling it. having your head burried in the sand of quotes will not assit understanding. ;) so get high! get high! :)