God isnt real

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by BoomShanks, Nov 19, 2009.

1. #1 BoomShanks, Nov 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2009
    Now i want you to try and prove me wrong

2. what is your definition of god?

3. this is how i think of it. who created the universe? something had too...i think

4. i dont have a definition of god.

And its not who more than what. The universe is a very unknown place. Who knows its capabilities

5. that is very true. i believe in god but theres really no prof yet its really just faith i dont think anyone is going to be able to prove it to you. for all we kno u might be right there might not be a god who knows. again faith

6. I would say read up on astral projecting. No one can really prove to you that god exists but it's more of something you need to experience.

7. See and thats something i understad but there isnt really a reason to put faith into something that really cant be real. I used to go to one of my best friends churches everyonce in a while and i would just be shocked at what they were trying to tell me. It was such a weird enviroment for me too.

8. If God isn't real then how did the universe come into existence?

9. That's the cosmological argument. I mostly endorse it, but it has some flaws and no naturalist-atheist will ever buy it. They only believe in scientific knowledge of truth. It seems to me that there are other ways to know things, including mystical revelations that are direct from God and cannot be tested by others.

Anyway, I think this "prove it" type argument is moot if we're talking about a Christian god. If we could definitively prove the existence of God, there would be no need for faith, and thus, no Christianity.

10. I said to prove to me not ask me a question. I dont know how it came to existence and im pretty sure you dont and cant prove how it was so how did it come to existence?

11. Ok, but we can call the force that created the universe "God" at least until we know what actually happened.

12. #14 FoodLion, Nov 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2009
    everything has a beginning and an end.

if there is no god or higher power of any sort.. who or what created the beginning of, not only the universe, but existence itself? Nothing can't create something.

though there is no physical evidence of God, it's only a matter of real logic to figure it out. Most of it is also faith. There's no reason not to believe in some kind of god unless you're extremely ignorant.

13. If all the energy that IS this universe was once potential energy by the laws of science
    then it would need a force to become kinetic right?

thus GOD im guessing

14. i wish i was stoned i love talking about this shit wen i blaze

15. #17 Pastafarian, Nov 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2009
    How about we don't.

You can continue to call it god, but an atheist like myself will refer to this natural mechanism as a mindless, goalless, purposeless process that can later generate with time things that have purposes.

Calling it god is useless.

[Prediction for this thread: 4-5 pages of cosmological, first cause, prime mover arguments.]

16. I don't know why people ask these questions. No one can "prove" God exists. Whether he does it or not the idea of a Judeo-Christian God is based on the idea of faith, not proof.

17. "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing?
    Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God?" ​

thts a trippy couple of sentences u got there

18. I believe solely in myself. According to churches, god says that weed is wrong. If that's the case, the maybe god is wrong. that's an opinion, but its mine, so i think it matters.