God Is...

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by 1bakedpotato, Mar 26, 2012.

1. What you do or don't decide to give yourself up to.

What is or isn't god... to you?

For me, it is something none of us can put into words. It just... is.

Watch this:

- God is everything. Including you.

Depending on your current perception of god, you read it differently.

2. to me, god is subjective

3. how do you describe it objectively?

4. I'll be my own God.

Anything that has an effect on me is because of a decision I have made. You make your decisions, and then face the consequences.

(fuck that sounds like its always bad hahaa, face the outcome or whatver)

5. God is a Verb

6. God is non-existent

7. YES :) i agree, i dont know if you watch adventure time but they call their god 'glob' and that is how i refer to god because honestly i dont think that my human existance is capable of comprehending what 'god' really is. so i accept everything as everything and find comfort in the unknown.
    just a thought.. what if our entire planets life time was actually just a heart beat of the galaxy :0 who the fhhh are we though?

8. As friedrich nietzsche once said

"God is dead"

-Tea Guru

9. haha...when I read the title before I clicked on the thread I thought God is Every Thing :smoke:

ALL :D ...It LIVES in Every Thing ..you cant breathe without It ....ALL

10. God is your ego.

11. Think of that singularity point before the emergence of matter and energy we call the universe...

That is one way of looking at the "unmanifest god", but just a bullet point out of a gajillion.

@m00zix: Whose ego?

12. The individuals. "We are all god."

13. Correct me if I read it wrongly, but are you saying that view is an egotistical one, or stems from the ego?

14. God is my enemy.

15. It stems from the ego. But both, really.

16. That's actually kind of a ridiculous claim. "God is everything," at least with my interpretation is saying that all is equal, and seems to be the complete opposite of an ego originated perception. It goes against the very basic principles, actually.

The concept really shows itself in science, funnily enough.

17. Ego is the absence of true knowledge of who we really are, together with its result: a doomed clutching on, at all costs, to a cobbled together and makeshift image of ourselves, an inevitably chameleon charlatan self that keeps changing, and has to, to keep alive the fiction of its existence.

In Tibetan, ego is called dakdzin , which means “grasping to a self.” Ego is then defined as incessant movements of grasping at a delusory notion of “I” and “mine,” self and other, and all the concepts, ideas, desires, and activities that will sustain that false construction.

Such grasping is futile from the start and condemned to frustration, for there is no basis or truth in it, and what we are grasping at is by its very nature ungraspable. The fact that we need to grasp at all and to go on grasping shows that in the depths of our being we know that the self doesn't inherently exist. From this secret, unnerving knowledge spring all our fundamental insecurities and fears.
    -S.Rinpoche

18. [quote name='"Superweener"']

That's actually kind of a ridiculous claim. "God is everything," at least with my interpretation is saying that all is equal, and seems to be the complete opposite of an ego originated perception. It goes against the very basic principles, actually.

The concept really shows itself in science, funnily enough.[/quote]

This thread is not talking about the god in the bible. what is god to you?

With respect to the christians.

My Beliefs are.
    I believe god is what connects all living things together. We are all connected. Every blade of grass, every living organism in this universe all connected to eachother. Im not going any further. Pm if you have questions of interest. Have respect dont Pm me and talk shit.

19. #20 m00zix, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2012
    "Maybe god is what we call things we don't understand. Or maybe, god is what we call powerful emotions we had. In describing god, perhaps what we're really describing were not things outside of us, but our own psychology. Our connection to other people. Our sense of wonder about things in the world that we do understand. Our sense of mystery about things in the world we don't understand. All these things have been called "god" yet they all represented something distinctly different about physical reality. In saying that it is all god, that everything is god, is profound in it's own way, but saying that also diminishes the special quality of each individual perspective. Again, perhaps what we were labeling as god was not the things outside of us, but the feelings we have when we experience these things- our own psychology (ego.)"

dat ego s0n.