God is a mirror

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by TheJourney, May 12, 2011.

1. #21 thabosshogg, May 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2011

You can love your enemy and still understand your enemy has negative qualities... I'm not saying we should ignore people's negative aspects, but rather that we should seek to empathize with them.

In the same way that you can love yourself despite all your faults and downfalls, it's simply a matter of acceptance and understanding.

2. Accentuate the Positive

3. So you advocate a balanced approach. Like I do. Noble cynics.

4. #24 thabosshogg, May 12, 2011

Yes, sorry I didn't catch that earlier...I mistakenly attributed negativity towards others with "cynicism" but after reviewing the definition I see that it is simply accepting that others are oftentimes selfish, jaded, filled with malintent etc.....

We certainly should not pretend that everyone is a deeply loving, compassionate, trustworthy human being.... at least not in their present state of being. We should give strangers the benefit of the doubt, but if we learn of negative qualities or characteristics we should be wary of them.

For instance I have a former friend whom I love very much.... but he is selfish, untrustworthy, a junkie, and could care less about me... I've learned all this through his own actions.

Does this mean I harbor negative emotions for him? No, I simply avoid his company these days because I feel he is a negative influence. I am wary of his negative attributes but I still empathize with him and I hope that he finds happiness.

5. Yes, I simply try as best as I can to not have negative influences in my life, and when one is there anyways, I try my best to transform that negativity into positivity. Quite frankly, I don't really care when someone is negative. I will not let it "contaminate" me.

6. #26 ~Blu, May 12, 2011
    What happened to simply being aware? Without good, you cannot feel bad. Without bad, you cannot feel good. All that life asks is that you are aware of what is happening. When you begin to neglect emotion is when you start causing problems for yourself. Think about "I am angry" vs "I am feeling anger".

This.

7. #27 TheJourney, May 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2011
    Or better yet, "there is anger."

Even saying "I am feeling anger" presupposes an "I," which is most definitely your ego, since you view it is separate from the anger if YOU are feeling IT.

8. You weren't wrong to attribute negativity to those things. It would be a mistake to always do so, just like it's a mistake to always attribute positivity to kindness, etc.

I don't think the promotion of positivity is necessary the solution to any problem. One problem right away that arises for me is that we are trying to shame ourselves in a sense trying to deny half our nature. We can't be perfect, positive people and if we could, we'd have to be something other than human to be happy with it.

It all looks like an understandable overcorrection to me, considering the deeply negative state of our culture, which is actively promoting and encouraging negativity. However, despite all the selfishness we get trained into us, when we are hurt as a whole we are all good people trying to help fix the whole. You can see that with how the world reacted to 9/11, the earthquakes over the last few years, etc. I don't think the need is to be positive. It's to curb the greed of the elites who are using negativity to better themselves while worsening society.

That's a good example of what we're talking about. I don't know your friend, I feel compelled to think I wouldn't avoid him, and I assume by learning the hard way you mean he abused your charity. And certainly, that's a time when you have to say no and respond negatively with the positive goal of at the very least not assisting his self-destruction. This is precisely the kind of thing that draws me away from trying to deny one or the other. If there is one, there is the other. If there is not one, there is neither.

A negative act can be positive in intent or outcome, vice versa. The danger in my mind is in too hasty a generalization of judgment. The kindest thing you could do can have negative results if you don't consider it fully enough.

9. I agree.... We certainly shouldn't repress negativity or "bad emotions". It's all about simply accepting them and trying to understand them as best as we can. In fact just doing those two things makes negative emotions fade away very quickly (in my own experience).

My biggest issue is with those who don't even attempt to view things through another's eyes. I think a lot of people are completely absorbed in their own little worlds and don't even try to understand that others see the world through their own perspective just like they do. People want to change and control other people, instead of accepting them as they are.

Those last three lines in your post are very important too.... we can only have so much foresight.

10. Or what if, we are the mirrors, and we reflect shit back to each other. And so much reflections occuring, causing these combinations of reflections to become, God. And in all God, is the image of us all. And how we treat we other, is how God ends up. And of course you know, that theory would make God Bi-polar, his opposite Satan. And the grand reflection is God, built by a history of good and bad. Meaning those who came before were natural, and if any did anything unnatural, they would become unpure. which is the contrast to the reflection of Satan. Seeing that history has natural people equal to unnatural people. Only when seen by the whole of history. Because now theres billions of us, and we are all largely unnatural. Making us images of Satan rather than God. So as time goes by, God's reflection is only held by those who came before. With Satan taking over, unless there is a shift in consciousness which could lead either way. Toward God or Satan. But i doubt that will happen in our lifetime. I say the world should do a free-for-all. And let the better men win. I'm sure God, would bless the righteous to overcome, if such an extraordinary thing ever occured.

11. You don't want to stay in a feeling too long. This is the Darkness, we are trying to let this go. To feel Constant. To Feel Whole.

12. They say the pineal gland, pituary gland, the sixth and seventh chakra, the third eye; all have a lot to do with looking in with a godly perspective. That's what helps us percieve others emotions, to ultimately satisfy at a higher level. So instead of running into problems, our minds work to avoid them altogether.