God, geography, and living in bubbles

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by VikingToker, Mar 2, 2015.

1. #1 VikingToker, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2015
    Geography determines your faith

It seems to me that religion or the lack thereof follows geographical lines and are spread from people to other people. I have yet to hear of a case of the same religion springing up in different places without there being some human link between them; missionaries and so on. Religion spreads from human influence. Is this untrue, and if so, why?

I live in Norway, where almost no one is religious, and a whopping 100% of everyone I know don't talk about faith unless it's to question it, and it flies under the radar. Living in this kind of 'bubble' seems to breed no new Christians or Muslims or whatever. Rather the opposite effect - faith, in the traditional go-to-church-and-worship sense, is dying out here.

If it's true that religion follows these lines (USA predominately Christian, Middle East predominately Muslim, Japan predominately Shinto etc), what power does God really have? And is it not strong evidence that religion is man-made? Is this wrong, and if so, why? 

edit: poor spelling

2. It's interesting to think that people of certain religions...never seem to think why is X country predominantly Y religion? The logical thought upon realizing this is, well evidently children are raised under their parents roots.

I think it's wrong to raise a child telling them this is the way it is because of this book and all of these followers. Is it not a nobler approach to give out a list of all religions, pick the ones of interest, learn and decide.

So, I wonder (with regards to society)...how to break out of this cycle? How to make the youth who are so engaged in their religions realize..hey, maybe I don't have a clue what I'm talking about.

Sometimes I wanna go back to Scandinavia :p

3. You can only judge what God wants for you by the bubble you are currently living in.

God probably doesn't want you to be Muslim if you were born in a Japan or be Shinto if you wrre born in Isreal.

4. It's one thing, through the description of many different cultures.

Religions are often pitted against each other because of their differences.

What is amazing is the amount of similarities between them, if you take the time to examine them.

Who does that?

Not many people...

------

5. #5 Account_Banned283, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015

Fables & myths have a history of being similar in that one fable/myth is usually inspired by another fable/myth - the Iron-Age peasants that authored the 'holy books' borrowed inspiration from one another.

6. #6 Browne, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
    The Mayans never met the Hindu's according to our history, yet each culture had a perception of time that was very similar and unlike how the general populace percieves of time today. The Mayans had the Tzolkin & Tun based calendrical systems while the Hindus had the Yuga system, both of which are based upon cycles within cycles, a far cry from our linear perception we employ today. Although we do break down time into different increments (seconds/minutes/hours/days/weeks/months/years), it's all simply based upon the physical act of the Earth revolving around the Sun, a very specific act. These calendrical systems of antiquity were not based upon a physical act of a very specific planet going around a very specific star, but on something much more universal.

Here's another example of "One Thing" being disseminated through various cultural filters...

http://www.academia.edu/9156605/Neolithic_rock_art_associated_with_intense_auroral_currents

Physicist Anthony Peratt's examination of Neolithic rock carvings paints a startling picture of an Earth with a far more energetic atmosphere than we have today. Imagine the planet's atmosphere being comletely enveloped by a long term aurora. Each culture would have reactions to what they see. And the carvings left by these cultures as provided by Peratt's evidence which is found all over the world demonstrates the remarkable similarities.

We know about the states of solids, liquids, and gases, but little is known by the general public about plasma, thanks in part to the subject of plasma being kept quiet by those who were behind the manufacturing of the atomic bomb. Today though we have the apparatus in the form of satellites that orbit the Earth which study plasma conduits that are attached to the Earth's magnetosphere. It's been observed that when these conduits experience a break or tear, that the conduits will essentially "heal" the break or tear. So if plasma conduits in space heal themselves, are they demonstrating a sign of "intelligence" when they do this? And if plasma energy is intelligent? How intelligent is it? And what would be the effect on people if the atmosphere were once filled with an "intelligent" energy?

One of the common trends in myths & fables is that the older the myth/fable, the less personified the subject of the myth/fable is.

------

7. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axis_mundi

------

8. #8 Account_Banned283, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015

The Mayans never met the Hindu's according to our history, yet each culture had a perception of time that was very similar and unlike how the general populace percieves of time today. The Mayans had the Tzolkin & Tun based calendrical systems while the Hindus had the Yuga system, both of which are based upon cycles within cycles, a far cry from our linear perception we employ today. Although we do break down time into different increments (seconds/minutes/hours/days/weeks/months/years), it's all simply based upon the physical act of the Earth revolving around the Sun, a very specific act. These calendrical systems of antiquity were not based upon a physical act of a very specific planet going around a very specific star, but on something much more universal.

Each culture having similar 'calendrical systems' doesn't seem to have much relevance to the 'fables & myths' of Religion (and Religions consist in stories after all, not calendars), this seems to be more of a tangent than an answer.

EDIT; Never mind this, I wasn't paying attention to the first line of your original post.

Here's another example of "One Thing" being disseminated through various cultural filters...

http://www.academia.edu/9156605/Neolithic_rock_art_associated_with_intense_auroral_currents

The ''One Thing'' here is atmospheric phenomenon (empirical), and not (transcendental) stories based on supernatural deities & heaven-sent prophets - so what ''One Thing'' were the stories of Jesus & Mohammed (for example) founded on?

9. #9 Browne, Mar 6, 2015

If there were plasma discharges happening at ground level on the Earth, I think that would be a good basis for characters such as Zeus or Thor to emerge from such happenings. We've never witnessed such an event, nor felt what it is like to be in the presence of such an event.  The closest we have is the aurora borealis and those don't produce ground level plasma discharges, and only stay within certain parts of the Earth for the most part. But even they are a highly sought after experience to behold, even though they would be comparably a "dormant" stage of "atmospheric phenomenon" for what most likely was a sky show that our imaginations would not be able to do justice if Peratt's theory is correct. 

We talk all the time about the physical universe and how we are made of atoms and particles, and how we have our physical bodies and live on a physical planet which revolves around a physical star which resides within a physical galaxy. But let me ask you, how often do you consider the non-physical parts of your body, because you have them...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetocardiography

Inside every little cell in your body, magnetic fields are there, and they all exist within your hearts magnetic field, which resided within the Earth's magnetic field, which resides within the Sun's magnetic field. If information, which is also non material, is essentially made of patterns, and patterns are forms of energy, would this embedding of fields not be the most efficient communication system? And if the Earth's magnetic environment can indeed become more energetically active due to cosmic influences, how would that effect the way in which our consciousness experiences reality?

As far as Jesus & Mohammed (and all the others), their "One Thing" was based upon Love. Unfortunately, due to things like gradualism and compartmentalization, their original teachings were perverted and hijacked by the middlemen who run the organized religions. I saw a smilie recently that said "Jesus was not a Christian, Mohammed was not a Muslim, Buddha was not a Buddhist", and there's a lot to reflect on there I think.

------

10. #10 Account_Banned283, Mar 6, 2015

If there were plasma discharges happening at ground level on the Earth, I think that would be a good basis for characters such as Zeus or Thor to emerge from such happenings.

Right.. but isn't the validity of Religion what's at stake here? If your saying that characters such as Zeus & Thor are based off of things such as 'plasma discharges' (or 'lightning' could be another example), then that would mean that the characters Zeus & Thor are fictions.. correct me if I'm wrong, but your first post seemed to indicate that there was something 'more' to Religion, that there is some kind of true metaphysical groundwork that 'binds' all Religions together, as it were.

But let me ask you, how often do you consider the non-physical parts of your body, because you have them...
    \nhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetocardiography
    \nMagnetic fields aren't 'non-physical', and nothing in that link suggested that those magnetic fields were 'part' of the body itself, it seems more accurate to me to say that the magnetic fields are 'emitted' by the body (but I'm probably wrong here).
    \nAs far as Jesus & Mohammed (and all the others), their "One Thing" was based upon Love.
    \nNever mind then, I had thought that this ''One Thing'' that you were referring to was something supernatural, as in the teachings/stories of (e.g) Jesus & Muhammed were derived from a supernatural 'force' of some kind.

It can be for you but for myself it's simply validity is what's at stake.

First off the term "lightning" does not do justice to the plasma discharge phenomenon we're talking about here. Two totally different animals. Although it is known that plasma is present during the lighting strikes we see today, what the people of the past were carving into stone the world over, which happened suddenly and all at the same time, looked nothing at all like "lightning"...

http://www.theplasmaverse.com/verse/squatterman-plasmadischarges-petroglyphs.html

The photo in the top left of the montage is an actually laboratory reproduced image of what a high current z pinch looks like. Can you imagine for a moment the psychological effects on the populace of the Earth if such an event occurs in the skies tomorrow? And it's an uncanny image....and it all sounds so fictional, doesn't it? But yet there it is, carved into stone everywhere...

The classical religions are a mix of truth and propaganda and the real game is to discern what is true and what isn't true. It is NOT a game of thumbs up or thumbs down to the whole kit and caboodle. When you separate the motives of the truths you do discern from the motives of those who try to stand between you and "God", you'll find that the motives of what's true will lead you to a better understanding of what you are and how you really fit into the universe while the motives of those who try to stand between you and "God" are to socially engineer a large population of people and manipulate them as an energy resource. 

Are you saying a field is a particle? I'm talking about the actual lines of FORCE themselves, not what follows them (particles). 

"magnetic fields produced by electrical activity in the heart"

That looks like a direct connection to me.

​For me it begs the question, does particle beget field or does field beget particle? 

Is it a fact that fields arise out of matter or is it an assumption?

If it turns out that field begets particle, you may very well get your, as you call it, "supernatural force".

------

I have no idea what you're even going on about.

What were you trying to infer exactly when you said that all Religions have amazing amounts of similarities and that they were based off of ''One Thing''? Because my original post was meant to give an account of why different Religious fables have so many 'similarities' without resorting to some kind of supernatural basis from which all of those those different Religious fables must be derived.

Well here's another example that might be more easy to see.

What's with the number 13?

\tIn religion[SIZE=small][edit][/SIZE]\tRoman Catholicism[SIZE=small][edit][/SIZE]The apparitions of the Virgin of Fátima in 1917 were claimed to occur on the 13th day of six consecutive months.<sup>[4]</sup>
    In Catholic devotional practice, the number thirteen is also associated with Saint Anthony of Padua, since his feast day falls on June 13. A traditional devotion called the Thirteen Tuesdays of St. Anthony<sup>[5]</sup> involves praying for the saint every Tuesday over a period of thirteen weeks. Another devotion, St. Anthony's Chaplet, consists of thirteen decades of three beads each.<sup>[6]</sup>
    \tSikhism[SIZE=small][edit][/SIZE]According to famous Sakhi (Evidence) or story of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, when he was an accountant at a town of Sultanpur Lodhi, he was distributing groceries to people. When he gave groceries to the 13th person, he stopped because in Gurmukhi and Hindi the word 13 is called Terah, which means yours. And Guru Nanak Dev Ji kept saying, "Yours, yours, yours..." remembering God. People reported to the emperor that Guru Nanak Dev Ji was giving out free food to the people. When treasures were checked, there was more money than before.
    The Vaisakhi, which commemorates the creation of "Khalsa" or pure Sikh was celebrated on April 13 for many years.
    \tJudaism[SIZE=small][edit][/SIZE]\tZoroastrianism[SIZE=small][edit][/SIZE]The number 13 had been considered sinister and wicked in ancient Iranian civilization and Zoroastrianism. Since beginning of the Nourooz tradition, the 13th day of each new Iranian year is called Sizdah Be-dar, and this tradition is still alive among Iranian people both within Iran and abroad. Since Sizdah Be-dar is the 13th day of the year, it is considered a day when evil's power might cause difficulties for people. Therefore people leave urban areas for one day and camp in the countryside. Even in the current post-1979 Revolution era, and despite the wishes of Islamic government, this tradition continues to be practiced by the majority of the population throughout Iran.
    \tIslam[SIZE=small][edit][/SIZE]In Shia Islam 13 signifies the 13th day of the month of Rajab (Lunar calendar), which is the birth of Imam Ali. 13 also is a total of 1 Prophet and 12 Imams in the Shia school of thought.
    \tWicca[SIZE=small][edit][/SIZE]In Wicca, most covens have 13 members, although sometimes there can be less.
    \tOther[SIZE=small][edit][/SIZE]
    • In Mesoamerican divination, 13 is the number of important cycles of fortune/misfortune (see Trecena).<sup>[citation needed]</sup>
    • In a pentagram with a circle ratio of 13, each arm of the star equals 12.36, the number of lunar months, days and hours in a solar year. Add the arms together and you get the number of full moons in five years.<sup>[citation needed]</sup>
    • The Thirteen Classics is considered to be a part of the Chinese classics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/13_(number)

So what is the real reason that the number 13 is so important to all these various belief systems? Do you think that it's just chance that brought this about? Or that maybe there is a more fundamental understanding to be had here?

------

14. There is Jesus and the 12 apostles. From Paganism there is the Earth and the 12 Zodiacs. 13 is a central number in Mayan practices. Why?

------

15. This is how important the number 13 was to the Mayans...

https://www.superstock.com/stock-photos-images/1902-1645

The light effect on the left hand side of the pyramid only occurs at equinox, when the Sun is at just the right angle to make 7 light sections and 6 dark sections.

It's the reason I put 6 dashed lines at the end of all my posts.

------