GOD FUCKIN DAMNIT!! ..bad news..

Discussion in 'General' started by boredjim8, May 21, 2006.

1. ..baught 1 ounce of salvia dried leaves .. about to pack my bowl to smoke it and a cop coems up ..

backup a bit..

get salvia.. go home.. plan out where to smoke .. we go to kens old house .. his granpa owns it no1 lives there PERFECT SPOT RIGHT>?! .. well a neighbor saw us walk over and called cops on burglery suspision.. im in shed packin bowl into our tinny bong .. a zip on ground next to me.. 3 friend are outside shed on the outerwall.. and i look up and i see an officer and i freeze.. nowhere to run.. he cuffs me .. asks me waht im doin tell him .. salvia ..

so they dont kno waht to do they released me but they arent sure about the legal status for PA..

am i gonna get in trouble w/ the court system? for having about 3/4ths ounce of salvia deviroum dried leavs (nto extract!! NOT!!)

the officer said hed keep me in touch on waht the status is and if they are going to be able to get me on probation or we or just going to have to return it because its infact not illegal..

2. Salvia's not illegal since you are over 18, but they might try to get you for trespassing. :confused:

3. a friend was under 18 .. what will that do for them? (actully 3 were) .. one was caught w/ a lil bit of weed too :(

4. ^Damn, Fer real. ;)

But on the fer real i dont know.

Im drunk.

5. They can't do anything to you if Salvia is legal in PA and you are 18 or over.

But trespassing, did you have permission?

6. the mexican cooks at my restaurant call me, "mister lawyer" because i'm in college w/a law major and i'm always offering legal advice to people.

first, you were not trespassing. unless the property owner files a criminal complaint against you, you cannot be charged w/trespassing, even if you were own the property without their permission.

second, salvia is only illegal in two states (LA and one other that i can't think of) and anyway, PA is not a state where saliva is illegal. this includes under age possession as well because it is not a scheduled substance.

boredjim, you have nothing to worry about imho, the cop was just bs'ing you talking about probation and shit to scare you. probation doesn't even come into the picture until after you are charged with a crime, tried, and convicted.

your friend who got caught w/simple possession is the only person who needs to worry about anything. (did he get arrested? and, did the cop take your paraphenelia?)

edit: i just checked erowid and here's an update on the legal staus of saliva

Delaware #
    Bill outlawing Salvia divinorum signed on May 02 2006 adds it to schedule I of the Delaware state controlled substances law. Bill Banning Salvia divinorum, now passed (May 8 2006). (Thanks to Logan)

Louisiana #
    Effective Aug 8, 2005 (signed into law Jun 28, 2005) Louisiana Act No 159 makes 40 plants illegal, including S. divinorum, when intended for human consumption. The law specifically excludes the "possession, planting, cultivation, growing, or harvesting" of these plants if used "strictly for aesthetic, landscaping, or decorative purposes." (Text of HLS_05RS-52 and Update June 2005)

Missouri #
    On Aug 28, 2005 House Bill 633 was incorporated into 195.017 of Missouri's drug regulation statutes. Thus, Salvia and salvinorin A became Schedule I substances in that state. As far as Erowid knows, Missouri is the first state in the U.S. to actually schedule s. divinorum or its active chemical. http://www.moga.state.mo.us/statutes/chapters/chap195.htm. (Thanks Q)
    St. Peters city passed an ordinance banning sales of Salvia divinorum to minors aged 17 or younger. Jan 2003. (St Peters Journal - Jan 26, 2003)
    HB165 introduced in state legislature, proposing addition of S.divinorum to list of scheduled substances. No hearing scheduled as of Jan 2005. (MO House of Representatives)

New Jersey #
    No law concerning Salvia d. known, but a mention in news about Northern Monmouth includes the following curious text: app.com GRAND TOUR: Two 15-year-old borough males were charged on Sept. 10 with illegal possession of salvia divinorum with intent to distribute by Sgt. Kevin Roake.

New York #
    New York is moving to control Salvia divinorum. State Targets Tripped Out Herb - Long Island Press, June 16 2005. Also see the text of the proposed law taken from the very, very awful web site at: http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/ . (Thanks Embroglio)

7. That's bullshit about those kids in NJ.

Oh and jim, that really sucks. What an unlucky day. I think you'll be fine, but your friends may not be. :(

8. thanks for help

". probation doesn't even come into the picture until after you are charged with a crime, tried, and convicted."

he said that tho.. hes like if we find out it is illegal we will have to go though the courts if not we gotta give it back ;p

9. Hahah well you're gonna be getting your salvia back then ;)

10. Hmm...that's weird...I likve in Northern Monmouth County, NJ, and haven't heard anything about it. Shit...they sell salvia in huge packages in Monmouth Mall!!

11. Thanks to the insanley slow legislation process in Canadian Parliment, Salvia is still legal here! huzzah!

12. dude i bought an oz of salvia leavestoo it was by far the stupidest purchase ever u have to smoke soooooooo much to even feel anything and wen u do feel it u freak out and u dont even see stuff uhave to by extract trust me it tastsses like shit too and oh yea salvia is completely legal for minors to smoke

13. haha that would be sweet if the cops just have to end up giving it back to you lol. Ask the cop if he wants to try it lol.

14. I know that the answer has already been covered by weedzilla, however, I just wanted to reinforce his post. I am also a pre-law major, and after doing some research on the legal status of Salivia awhile ago, I concur with him. (I always wanted to say that)

The cop was blabbing. He was probably attempting to get something juicy that he could use out of you. You do not have to worry, as everyone has said- it is perfectly legal in your state.

I worked as a paralegal for a long while, and I had to work on a case regarding some kids who were caught smoking and were trespassing. We were able to get the trespassing charge dropped just by talking to the owner of the property- so if the owner does not press charges- you are fine. If he does press charges- thats an easy fix.

*actually i take that back, depending on the person it may be an easy fix*

15. okay just makin 100% sure my friends gonna be alright (the 2 w.o. the weed..) right? (minors)

16. yup. i would say so.