"God forgives, I don't"- Rick Ross

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by ete23, Nov 25, 2011.

1. I agree with some of your points as to the severity of murder and rape, but your perception of love seems mightily flawed. Love forgives man

This is not to say things should go unpunished. I probably would have killed a lot of people back in the day if I didn't have the fear of the justice system over my conscience. The problems with your logic are all the contradictions. First you preach love, then you say you don't forgive. You then say to not treat people like animals, but if they murder and rape lock them up like a bird. Pick a side man, you're confusing most of us.

2. #22 ete23, Nov 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2011
    .... the human condition.. love AND hate.....
    My perception of love is not flawed, believe me. I say dont forgive murder or rape, leave that to god. the forgiveness is shown as mercy, as no death, no eye for eye...

Jesus was God right, in flesh.. of course he would only preach love and forgiveness.... could it not be any clearer for you?, thats all he knows (love), lol. God know nothing of this hate, only us humans do.. they suffer for the good of humanity, but the way we show love is no eye for eye.. no death penalty. We suffer with them while they are in prison. maybe not personally but we 'feel' it, right? They should be celebrating for their lives....

Pick a side? I pick love, but like wayne said. sometimes you got to fight the devil with a demon.

3. That is how you stop these acts. Love is a seed that grows more love, and more compassion, and therefore more peace.

• Like Like x 1
  4. locking someone up for life because they murder or rape is not hate

in the larger picture it is love for the rest of humanity and maybe the prisoner can understand this. It makes the innocent feel safer, it helps the love grow. again, this isnt heaven nor hell, this is reality. You cant LOVE SOMEONE TO DEATH CAN YOU???

5. see: crime of passion

and no it isn't love for humanity when you put part of humanity in cages with no option of getting out. Our justice system is racist, meaning your life sentences would also be racist.

6. #26 ete23, Nov 25, 2011
    Again.. starting 'fresh', instilling love from first memories and showering this love with more love throughout life is the only way things will change. It may not directly seem like love, locking them away but it helps the love grow. It sends a message that there is no reason to murder/rape under any circumstances, in any situation. unless you murder by accident to defend yourself from someone who is trying to kill you, your body or to save another from getting murdered.

We evolved from animals..When you revert back to acting like an 'animal' (no morals) right??, when you rage out and murder or rape, this isnt love, this crime of passion you speak. There should be zero reason to murder or rape another. So what your 'instincts' and emotions cause it... does emotion not cause all?

Is everything not in motion, constantly changing, progressing.

Keep clinging to rehabilitating murderers and rapist and setting them back out in society, believe me. THIS CYCLE OF HATE CRIMES WILL NEVER END. NEVER. unless we take a stand. i mean do you really care about these murderers/rapist more then the victims?

its about being peaceful, you think change happens instant, like o that murderer changed, he good now. did he not commit the 'ultimate sin' you could say.

no one cares for today, always care about tomorrow like ya they will change, lets hope, lets pray they do.

7. reminds me of this NDE i read

...then I asked the light, "Does this mean that humankind will be saved?"

Then, like a trumpet blast with a shower of spiraling lights, the Great Light spoke, saying, "Remember this and never forget; you save, redeem and heal yourself. You always have. You always will. You were created with the power to do so from before the beginning of the world."

8. my idea would be to put all offenders on a island far away from civilization no way they can get out until they served their time

9. #29 ete23, Nov 25, 2011
    In short.. yes evil does exist here in the material world. You cant ever rid it totally.. You grow love with more love which suppresses the evil. You grow evil with more evil which suppresses the love. In the end.. there is no evil, it is not the true nature of existence, love is. there is no denying love beats evil in the end, eternal harmony and peace.

where is the chaos of hate in pure darkness? How can nothingness hate?

it makes sense light is love, light is life. Light you never can imagine here in physical reality is what makes up you fairy tale of heaven. For pure darkness to exists.. which we know it does, because we know of this nothingness, this darkness before we existed, before we were conceived you could say, pure light has to also exist.. whether you believe in afterlife or not...Universe cares not if we destroy ourselves with hate if humans hate each other to death by murder, ignorance, neglect. It will keep expanding with or without us humans.

hate is temporary, love is eternal. the show goes on

10. lmao we are animals still.

and, forgiveness fosters love too. you're advocating a system without forgiveness.

forgiveness is very important. just locking people up forever wont change anything. you can't legislate morallity

11. #31 ete23, Nov 25, 2011
    When people realize murder/rape is absolutely wrong, evil, hateful maybe things will change. You murder or rape, you go to prison for life, also people in prison known to rape so watch out. Child rapist known for getting not good treatment even by murderers.. Even murderers know this is wrong. You see? Maybe make prison nice or something, does this not show forgiveness, give them more convenience or something, I mean being fed, clothed, sheltered is not enough. We must show forgiveness to? is keeping you alive not a showing of love?

So what your horny, jack off please, dont rape me butt.

not a system without forgiveness, a system without murder and rape. How else do you propose stopping murder/rape for good? I really cannot think of any other solution then life imprisonment. Im sorry but, im sure not everyone will agree to forgive a murderer or rapist by setting them free in society again.

12. If we know it's evil, why let them sit in jail? Why not off them right then and there? If we put them away forever, what are they going to learn? They aren't going to be released so why burden functioning members of society with the bill for housing and feeding them?

13. #33 ete23, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2011
    I dont know, I know I couldn't hold on my conscious executing another no matter what they have done, could you? What satisfaction could you get from this? I see no satisfaction just resentment. live and let live.

penitentiaries are packed with promises makers. -tupac, hail mary...... promise i wont murder/rape again... hahaha 'promise'

Not just 'sit' in jail, I would have them make material things or farm or something that help everyone else in the only way they could pay back there 'debt'. Show your love by providing material objects to us. This material objects then hold the intent of love no matter if your mad because you got to work, the item will help someone, somewhere. Maybe send them to prison in some poor country and have them farm there or something.

Compared to money spent on 'defense', war. Im sure a little bit to keep them healthy with some food wouldn't be bad. or even grow their own food.

they got money for wars, but cant feed the poor- tupac

Money to keep someone alive, think about how much is spent to kill people, to restrict their freedom. Americas influence owns this world, its up to us to make the first step.

Like everyone probably will eventually speak the same language im guessing English, with the internet and all. More connections, not less.

14. unsubbed, this is rediculous. Good thing you don't get to make these kinds of decisions.

15. At least he is shaping and reforming his ideology! Gotta give him that

16. But why take the chance of giving them their freedom back, because they promise to not murder/rape again?

Are the murderers/rapists more important then the victims? Im sure youve heard many times of someone who get out of jail for a violent crime, only to harm and kill again..

you think you own 'your' freedom, WE own our own freedom, collectively.

Where do you draw the line?

lets make the 'line' a circle and it will repeat forever, or lets make the 'line' all squiggly to confuse you. oh lol im sorry you seemed to have murdered/raped somebody
    in florida- life,
    texas- 30 years,
    cali- 29 years,
    new york-28 years

17. Sigh...
    Resenting murderers and rapists will not produce any good. Forgive murderers and rapists, just as you might forgive someone for involuntarily bumping into you.

You say that they're evil, yet what do you truly know of evil? If you were in the murderer's shoes, your actions would hardly be any different than their actions. I promise.

The most disgusting thing to me is when people think that they are the shining hand of justice, and that they take pleasure and rejoice in punishing people, or "giving them what they deserve." Yet the hearts of these people are just as dark as the wrong-doers that they condemn. If you are the fallible and flawed human that most of us are, truly, you cannot be fit to judge anyone, no matter how much pain they have caused you.
    Hate is selfish. Hate cannot be destroyed by hate, but only by non-hate can hate be destroyed.

You say it's for the safety of the possible victims, but it is obvious that you hold resentment in your heart towards such people, and so long as your heart still harbors that resentment, you are unfit to judge or condemn them.

You might say it's out of compassion. To me, it seems more like revenge.

And as for that part of you which is truly concerned, trust me that wrong-doing will eventually cease on its own. Nature has her own forms of punishment to teach those that need teaching. There's no need to intervene.

To the extent of protecting members of society from harm, and only to that extent, I partially agree with separating violent people from the rest of society. But if they are no longer violent, then let them free. They are humans, just like you, capable of making mistakes, some also capable of learning from those mistakes in this lifetime. They aren't all just one breed of animal that should be treated in the same callous way.

18. #38 ete23, Nov 26, 2011
    Really? Of course I am offended by a murderer or rapist. I don't think they are inherently 'evil', they did something evil, they had no regard for the value of life. If they did they would have not committed the pinnacle of evil, manifested as physical pain unto another fellow human.

Its not about not forgiving them. Its about clarity in the law, its not about an eye for eye. Its about an eye for your personal freedom, to have a chance travel the world, experience all on earth.

They indeed get to keep experiencing some kind of life, even while in prison. Who says they cant still 'travel' experience through media. I mean some prisons have internet, tv, you can join a band. Others, you did something bad... To the dark solitary hole.. Punishment, no light...I mean what is justifiable? murder and rape is never justifiable, you can never un-rape somebody, or un-murder them.

Hit someone in the back with a bat and paralyze someone, does that means you should be paralyzed yourself, no, that solves nothing, its causes more pain.

Like you steal from someone, you can always try to pay them back. How to pay back murder/rape. "Oh, I'm sooooo sorry" please forgive me. I forgive you, you are human, you are like me. But you have no right to commit murder/rape and you knowing this will help you understand value that truth knowledge can grow from.

19. #39 ete23, Nov 26, 2011
    Streets is real f-d up, but dont look at it like that cause i aint even gon lie, its not back to normal cause it will never be, but i mean, its back to way that that you probably didnt think id be back to, you know people are living, people are breathing, but you know i mean, its still fd up, it always gonna be fd-up and people will always be fd-up about it, people stil fd-up over it. people DIED and thats whats REAL about it- lil wayne

up to you to interpret, could be our future could be Now

if you can make sense of his speaking

20. #40 ete23, Nov 26, 2011
    Prison for life... they want the easy way out.. then suicide, they are murderers, make them take their own lives.. I can not harm another human in the name of love nor can i allow injustice to spread among the innocent.