God- Fact of Fiction?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Sir Smokalott, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Just a question that I love to ponder. Do any of you other stoners think that there is a God? I mean, it seems like science has came so far that it is probable that God doesn't exist. The greatest hoax in history could be the Bible. Also, the bible could easily be an ingenious way to make people fear going to hell, which keeps them behaving well, which makes a government and an orderly society.

Just pondering this a little bit with many conspiracies. What are your thoughts?

Random thread, I know :D

2. Wrong thread.

But, with every plan their there is a planner, with every creation there is a creator, with every invention, there is an inventor.

www.doesgodexist.org

Wrong thread.

3. First I would like to say that religion is mankinds greatest mistake.....by far.

There is no god, at least not in the sense that most people believe (a white man with a big white beard sitting up in the clouds watching every move we make and judging us accordingly).

If by "god" you mean the single element/event that created everything, then you can call that god if you'd like....

I personally believe the universe has always been and will always be...no creator, no god.

4. "I felt that believers in God were uneducated and were just following traditions, superstitions, and things that really made no sense to a person who was aware of what was going on around them. Of course, that kind of life and conviction led me to do and say things and to be something that was really very unpleasant. I lived a life that was immoral and which reflected a lack of belief in God. I lived in a way that was very self-centered and that satisfied my own pleasures and desires regardless of whether or not other people were hurt in the process of what I was doing."

I took that from the link you provided....thats the biggest load of bullshit I have ever heard.

This guy is basically saying that because he was an "atheist" that he was a self-centered asshole....but religion saved him and made him a better person?? People arent assholes because they are atheists, they are assholes because they are assholes.

Religion has done far more damage to society than atheism ever could.

• Like Like x 1
  5. i agree 100% +rep

6. I believe in a god, but it's more like the Tao from the Tao Teh Ching, it just is, it doesn't have any form or shape, and no human like thoughts, it's just empty space.

Something along those lines.

7. kind of a funny name-JesusC. whyd you pick it?

Edit: by the way i agree with you.

8. i hit youtube and found this it has completely changed my mind i know believe there is a god:rolleyes:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9zwbhAXe5yk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9zwbhAXe5yk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

9. </P>

wow...thats all im gonna say.

no fuck it, people cant really be that stupid.....can they?

10. Hey man, God is real. To me, God is just the voice in my head that gives me feedback. I dont have to watch my language with my god, I can tell him my deep personal shit, shit that embarasses me, scares me, makes me angry, makes me sad. I can tell him this without having to worry that Im b eing judged, I can know in my mind that in the end my god with send me the right way.

Anyways, God is real to me, just not in a traditional sense.

11. I think you summed it up perfectly. I remembering a Family Guy episode where Brian said somethin like : "Religion is a tool used by the powerful, educated few to control the weak, uneducated masses." I always thought that was a good way to put it. Throughout our histroy, so many horrible things have been done in the name of religion, which is ironic considering most religions promote moralistic ideals.

12. "Throughout our histroy, so many horrible things have been done in the name of religion, which is ironic considering most religions promote moralistic ideals."

Exactly.

13. i honestly dont understand under any logic why people would think god exists.... the bible is a load of bull...
    if god was fair and kkind to all his "children" then the world wouldnt be as fucked as it is ...simple.

14. Ok Atheists. It's ok. If you guys think that the human body was created by a 0/9945646589998465518th of a chance then so be it. IF you want to sit here and say that the hand prints on my fathers chest (after his fatal car accident with him being the only survivor.)the size of shaqs or BIGGER are just coincedental when doctors were amazed when they saw them then so be it. Stop being so damn depressed and keep this garbage out of the Rec. M. Use forum.

Thats the only thing I hate about the Marijuana Sub-Culture, that 60% or more are atheists. That percentage could be way off but thats all that I ever see.

15. Moo Moo I think you have some prejudices with Ahteists that you don't need. I know plenty of atheists who live happy optimistic lives. Just because they believe different things shouldn't change the way you think about them.

16. God creates people, but he does not control them. If any of you ignorant people read the bible at all you would realize that he gives every individual "Free Will"

How could any of you ever believe in something when you haven't even fully read about it? I HIGHLY DOUBT ANY of you atheists have ever read 2 full pages of the bible. Be ignorant elsewhere, Marijuana Forums are not the place for it.

17. If you're being sarcastic im not sure I get your humor.

If not..

What a perfect example of the ignorance religion can create....you seem like a very open-minded individual. Good for you...

18. There is your mistake! I have no RELIGION!! How you atheists are always assuming shit makes me laugh. I haven't been to church in 6 years.

19. You have no religion yet you talk about "god" and free will, and bash people for not reading the bible? Okeedokee...