God damn fungus gnat fucks fucking with me, I hate these fuckers

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SirSinsemilla38, Apr 8, 2021 at 12:44 AM.

1. The fungus gnats in my grow room are out of control, how in the fuck do I get rid of them? I've tried spraying soap water on the top layer of soil didnt work, there is no water in the room yet therse fuckers keep dicking me around. I've already had to rip one plant and I dont really want to have to rip another. Please help, internet stoners.

2. Mosquito Dunks.
    [​IMG]
    Found with the Citronella Candles.
    Crush one up and sprinkle a 1/2 teaspoon under each plant.
    Toss a whole one in your watering pail.
    Gnats B gone in a few days.
    Keeps them gone for a month or more.

Let plants dry more between watering.

Dunks are a Biological form of BT. Not a chemical poison.
    Organic listed.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Mosquito bits. ...

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Also get the yellow paper sticky traps and lay on the surface after mosquitoe bits or dunks go down and you'll catch a ton.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Although most times fungus gnats don't do too much damage I'm surprised you had to take one down

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. The little fuckers munched on the roots big time, when I ripped it there was almost no roots until I got to the bottom of the pot however, the plant I ripped was the runt of the litter so it's not a big deal. still have 2 fucking huge ones of the same strain.

• Like Like x 1
  7. For some reason my neanderthal brain didnt think of this, my good sir you deserve a Nobel peace prize.

8. Let the soil dry up on the top before watering . Will fix the issue .
    Second solution allow drainage in the soil .Perlite .
    If its to late to add perlite then throw sand on the top of the soil . It will slow them down .
    Some people use dish soap Spray the top of the soil with water soap . Idk how much i never used it before . couple teaspoons per quart ?

9. Like Bryan said, usually they come from dirt thats to wet. Yellow sticky traps, mosquito bits, and diatomaceous earth on top of the soil.

10. This stuff works 25 ml per gal for 2 weeks. Once a week. Than go to 10ml per gal every week for maintenance. Go look it up on you tube. It works. Ive sent it to 2 growers and they threw away the dunks and tapes 20210123_114113.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Yea I'm 50 shades of broke so that's not an option, good to know though

12. Nematodes should eat into the larval stage of the gnats quite nicely.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yellow stickies for the adult flyers and 3 drenches with Gnatrol (BTI) for the larvae in the soil.......works every time.