God created dinosaures and destroyed them to humble mankind?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Kush Lord, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Perhaps this has been the case in the past universes, and this is the one time that humans have evolved, and because the universe(s) have been expanding and collapsing for so long, practically infinitely, its only a matter of time before we are created, but I think that God was behind the spark, where ever it was? We wont know because time will reset, as with the progress of the universe.

2. Maybe, maybe not. If 'god' is what you call the spark that created the big bang, then I almost beleive in god. But not as a sentient omnisient super-being who controls the universe. Not really relevent, just justifying some shit. But if that were true, it would mean dinosaurs were hear for the same reason we are.

3. And was this really the best and most convenient to "humble" us?

He's almighty and powerful, and created everything. Yet He has to resort to creating vast amounts of species and foliage, and annihilating every single one of those fuckers just to "humble" us.

Shit, I would hate to think he has a future and better race then humans up his sleeves. Who knows what the fuck God would do to us in order to "humble" them.

Good thing we have an all-loving, all-caring deity on our side!
    Yay religion!
    :smoke:

4. But there is one thing that sets us apart from dinosaurs.....and its debatable, but I believe in it.

your soul.

Edit: Yo, I think were onto something XD

5. Why can't dinosaurs have souls :confused_2: or kitty cats and spiders for that matter

6. Because they dont have the mental capacity to appreciate God.

7. Having the mental capacity to appreciate God, eh?
    That's the requirement for a soul?

Soul: The immaterial part of a person; the actuating cause of an individual life.

I'm not seeing this God figure associated with a soul in any shape or form...
    :confused_2:

8. So people with mental retardation lack souls?

9. Figuratively speaking and playing by the Bible's rules, Yes they do in fact. Apparently the handy-cap do go to hell.

Matt Stone and Trey Parker did research on the subject while directing several of their episodes.

10. I am just saying......we are better than animals. They do not have as sophisticated means of communicating as us, their brains cant hold the concept of a god. God has a plan for those who are mentally disabled, and im sure he has a way of dealing with them.

God talked to prophets, humans, people....not dogs, and if he did....then I expect to be corrected when my time comes.

11. My dog think's I am god, so do I now have to figure out how to make him a soul?

12. How do you know what your dog is thinking?

13. What makes us better then animals?
    That we can communicate on a more in depth level?

How do we even know for a fact that God talked to prophets?
    Where are these prophets now? Why aren't they more widely accepted and listened too?

We have no idea if God is talking to dogs are not. They don't speak our language, so we have no idea if God's communicated with them telepathically or not, right?

14. I agree with you. And nowhere in any scripture (from any culture) that I've read, and I've read a whole lot of them, are there any passages claiming that the mentally disabled/ill will be going to hell, Tha Professor. Care to point out where it does?

What separates us from animals? Our awareness. What does that awareness provide us? The opportunity to feel emotion: to appreciate what we have, to be sickened by injustice, and to comprehend the mechanics of the universe.

Animals cannot do that. They operate according to need. All they are concerned with is food, shelter, and propagation of their species. They do not cry when a bomb goes off in Israel, killing a school full of children, nor do they marvel at the subtle shadows a full moon casts on the landscape. We do.

Where does this awareness come from? I propose that it comes from God in the form of our souls.

15. that's so crazy how people so will to believe something till the death,and their proof of these magical "after life" lands and a book that's written in mythology,with tales of winged men, talking snakes & bushes that are on fire , etc. etc. How don't you see the flaw in that :confused:

It's like talking to crazed star war geek or something

16. How is longing for something outside of what we can see crazy? Why do you get to dictate what is and what is not crazy?

I could sit here and say I think those with no belief in God are crazy. You would vehemently oppose that. So who is right? Neither of us.

Your view is no more right than mine is.

17. What about the other species within the homo genus? Homo heidelbergensis could communicate vocally, hunt, and even buried their dead. Did they have souls?

18. I can't, which is way I made sure to note I was just playing by the Bible's rules. However in the same retrospect, I'm sure you can't find a passage that states "It's all good, handy-cap are going to heaven."

Regardless, does any of that necessarily make humans "better"?
    More advanced; yes, and significantly more evolved; of course,
    but does that make us "better"?

19. Of course I can't find a passage that states the handicap are going to heaven. But then I don't hold the Christian concept of heaven, so it's a pretty moot point. But as I said, no scripture I have ever come across makes this claim, and the Bible certainly does not. So whichever "Bible rules" you are playing by are lost to me.

And yes, I do believe that awareness makes us better. We are no longer completely bound to animal instinct. Whether this is a function of evolution, or as I propose, a gift from God, does not seem to make much of a difference.

20. All of these concepts that explain what it takes to have a soul can't be applied to the mentally handicapped (I realise you adressed this) or unborn fetus's. If they have souls regardless of whether or not they meet the criteria, then it just means humans have souls. It doesn't matter if they can appreciate, or feel.

So if all humans have souls.. Why is that?