god center? seeing further? seeing more? too far over the edge?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Digit, Aug 21, 2003.

1. ever tried activating your god center in your brain?
    we all have them.

i think its like the failsafe for our minds.
    once we reach a point where we are either unable or unwilling to look any further the god center will kick in and stop you from reaching a greater more devastating form of insanity.

Through meditation recently, i have stood on the edge, and am still yet to learn if i have steped to far, unable to return. It IS true however... there ARE more "dimensions" out there that we CAN percieve, but do not. We just need to evolve our minds within a lifetime to see them. but be warned... it is a crippling and devastating discovery to awaken to realise that all you percieve is not only not-all-that-is, but it is also wrong due to the incompleteness of the information.

I have traveled further in the scale of infinity, and i have managed to stop myself before i went too far, so now i stand on the edge, having already seen too much, curiosity pulls me forward. Logic, sanity, reason and fear have held me back and saved me. The human mind can only take so much, push things too far too quick, and the mind will perish and the gates opened to insanity.

i will go further, succumb to my curiosity. But.... I will not do so until it is safe.

going so far so fast has taken its toll. i won't be going that far again for quite some time. I need a rest. i need to revert.

If only people knew.
    if only we could all handle more.
    :(

2. sounds interesting.

how are you going about this meditation.. and where does it seem to bring you?? in your mind atleast?

how do you know youve reached this "end" and how are you so sure the results of going passed could be so devastating?

3. It feels like cowardice to not push yourself to new realizations to simply forget the things you know, but the other options is that with each new or deeper realization comes a heavier and heavier burden.

Let the burden become to heavy and it will crush you.

4. uhhhhh, matter cannot be created or destroyed. Your mind used to be a tree, and that used to be a rock. No I don;t know what I'm talking about but no one else does either.

5. Sounds like some H.P.Lovecraft... Hypnos and other stories, where there were these two artists who started to explore the dream and the corners of human mind and found something that was so horrifying that they didn't want to sleep anymore ever. Yes there maybe so much more than we see or know butmaybe it's meant to be unfounded, human curiosity have caused so much harm allready.

6. They should change that saying to "curiosity killed the human".

7. hehe, yeah, curiosity killed the sanctity of human's nievety.

I meditate in three different ways (and a 4th which is just used for mellowing out, not so much meditation.)
    two methods i have developed over years to personally suit me, which i think is the best anyone can do, and i have rather hapazardly stolen and rehahsed some tricks i learned from some buddha website.

Smoking some very nice thinking sativa (powerplant) ;) I got to a point where i was unconsiously and/or subconsciously trying to percieve everything, to better see the big picture, to make clear that which could be understood from data recieved but not yet comprehended, I was in similar paths as before then i managed to maintain such a pattern of thought as to forever looping back half a step whilst jumping a level further every step and forever having logic seciate my curiosity.
    I came to the time in the process when i open my eyes and focus on a point infront of me, not many minutes into this i realised things were different, that i was seeing things, percieving them, almost as is done when on mushrooms, but far more open, alert and clear, and cutting through many levels of thought and at higher brain function levels without emotion, just clean perfect clarity. seeing all that there is, and understanding, knowing, seeing so so much more. being awoken to some truths both of a personal nature and of secrets within society itself, and the conflicts between the two. to see things on the scale that has no ends, to percieve of our possition as can only be mapped out by comparisons to that which lies around us. then to know, the trivialness and also the importance of things we are part of. strange how when you see from better eyes the picture looks different.

aaaaanyways.... i'm sure thats enough of that drivel. ;p

declara, do you meditate?
    "It feels like cowardice to not push yourself to new realizations to simply forget the things you know, but the other options is that with each new or deeper realization comes a heavier and heavier burden.

Let the burden become to heavy and it will crush you.
    "
    sums it up very well.
    thnx man.