God Bud - Jordan of the Islands Organic Demonstration Grow

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by sterces, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Hey buds, took a couple pics right at dusk last night so I figured I would show u guys the diff stages my plants are in

image-3436275896.png

My clones, taking their time, even with foliar feeding they still shedding leaves as they are soooo hungry ALL the time!

image-2114688196.png

image-1970182975.png

image-782672839.png

The flowering clones, separated by 1-2 weeks of starting flower

image-3699700878.png

image-1923874198.png

image-3756503979.png

image-1853455680.png

And the big girl, sorry for lousy pic quality but like I said it was getting dark and it was my phone camera. But she is slowly turning purple!

I hope everything works out for u guys! Have u tried gently scraping a seed shell on some high # sand paper? I do it on my lupines regularly and a few other plants but I've never had to try it on weed. All this talk of mites makes me nervous :/ I picked up today's newspaper from my driveway and there was a red mite crawling across it

Great things to come!

2. Hey Ccostal,

Wow! That greenhous plant turned out to be a beast.

I will say again I wish I had a source for quality clones, these seeds are nerve wracking!

Sterces.

3. Haha sterces I'm sooooo glad I listened to you in July I think it was, about veggin her out in the greenhouse full season!

She went well above and beyond the average height described on most sites, I believe she is around 5 foot tall as opposed to the 3-4 average.

I severely neglected her for almost a month as I was busy with other operations, but I'm not gonna play the 'what I could have done different' game with myself.

I wish there was a way I could get all the participants a clone of my girl, would be the truest comparison of all even with seeds from the same bank IMO because of volume vs a shared mother.

4. Hey guys, I am hitting the road shortly for some outdoor fun...but in the meantime I've left a setup with my other five GB seeds in cups with old soil that, yeah like you said CC, is still as dirt...I have never tried sanding or other physical abrasion of seeds, but since these are obviously hard to pop, I let them soak longer than usual...20 hours instead of my usual 12. I'll try to check in over the next few days, but it might be next mon or tues before I'm fully back. Sterces, hope to find you with lots of little pairs of dicots by then. Like you said it's worrisome waiting for them, and that's one other reason why I'm glad I can drop em and leave em for awhile. Outta sight outta mind....:wave:

5. i just counted and it looks like roughly 12 weeks left of outdoor flowering time, so i am either going to have to veg for only 2 weeks or figure how to finish them indoor, i need a new flowering light (CFL of course) and to build a flowering cab, thanfully there is till christmas before the days start getting longer!

fingers crossed for all of us! we are all having our little issues to get worked out

6. Guys, I got back to my indoor grow after a few days away outdoors, hoping and expecting to find five little God Buds poking up waiting for some love. Nope. 0/5 with my second five seeds. :mad: So I have been skunked by God Bud, and that is that for my demonstration grow :rolleyes:. Sterces, I hope you fare better with the seeds. CC, whatever those genes are you have in that clone, keep it going man....

7. Hi Guys,

I too have been skunked, but I blame the seed bank. I have had JOTI seeds three times in the past and the minimum was 8 sprouts. My conclusion is that the VSB got these seeds a long time ago and have no inventory control. They are large enough and the strain is not exactly ‘the latest thing' so I can imagine the inventory going stale.

If anyone else has a theory why twenty large healthy looking seeds don't germinate I would be interested in hearing it.

I have already moved on. Sorry to have insisted on the JOTI GB, but I feel they have superior stuff.

I will circle back and get the GB when my regular seed bank has them back in stock.

I am starting another mother search.

This time with two strains:

Dr. Atomic: Northern Lights #5

Next Generation Seeds: Timewarp
    (I did mention that I was going to give NG another chance, and the seeds are normal in size, although not big)

I picked them up from a local shop, Hemp Depot. I thought I would try them. I dropped the order off on Saturday and they came Tuesday (for an additional $10 fast ship fee).

That works for me. Too bad they don't carry JOTI.

So off to put some seeds in a baggie.

Good luck Cc. Although you already have had good luck with your GB, so....

Continued good luck.

Sterces.

Attached Files:

8. FYI and for others in this thread I went to buy some God Bud seeds from VSB and they told me they had to quit selling their current stock because of germination problems.

Also note that they are *very* responsive to this issue and guarantee 80% or they will replace so definitely email them and let them know.

9. I wasn't aware anyone other than VSB had them, where else can you get them?

10. Gattaca, thanks for that info. I recall they had a rep for good replacement, but I dunno whether I will pursue it. I'd be much happier avoiding any and all seed transactions until we get this herb legalized where I am. And that's sometimes called "whistling dixie." As for other sources. there are two main seed sources that we found: VSB for Jordan of the Islands and BC Breeder's Bank (?) for their version. I posted some links discussing differences in my one blog post and also here, a post from this thread...

ya know, I'm still a bit pissed this happened, but mostly sad...I have a lot of respect for the Emerys and the whole grow community up there in B.C. Not that I know a lot about it personally, but I appreciate what they've done for world cannabis culture...which is a helluva lot. So I'm sad not to have my little part of it growing in my lil cabinet. Maybe some day....:wave:

11. Gattaca:

>>I wasn't aware anyone other than VSB had them, where else can you get them?

Kind Seed Co. carries JOTI seeds including my Chemo.

Unfortunately they are sold out of all JOTI seeds at the moment. Which is how the VSB came into the picture.

I remember a few years ago when I first tried to get Chemo Kind Seed were 'out of stock'. I thought it was a permanent thing. Turns out a little later they were back in stock. I would expect the same this year.

So I will keep my eyes on it to pick them up when they come out.

(9 out of ten Timewarp have popped. I lost one between the baggie and the dirt somehow. The last one has split, I am just waiting for it to pop it's little tail so it is really 10 for ten in 24 hours, now waiting for the NL to show up)

Sterces

12. too bad those seeds messed up.

I had 80% success rates with JOTI's seeds before the 20% were small seeds (not that those shouldn't pop).

any way I'm hoping to kick in here with some god plants soon. we also have new arrivals- some rose bud type- from the same area as the sticky. from north of Vancouver BC so hoping for the best with these. using small particle pumice and ewc to germ- so far so good!!!! I'll be back with pics next week. sorry i'm not above the 49th parallel though

13. Not to steal your your thunder sterces.

I took some pics of my Galaxy God Bud this morning. They have been flowering for 5 weeks.

I bought the seed a couple of years ago when BC seeds was sill in business and got 1 Female to out of 10.

I had one seed left and this is it. About 3 ft tall.

Just thought you'd be interested.

Attached Files:

14. Hello Slowhand,

>>flowering for 5 weeks.

Some people would call that much frosting finished.

Let us see some closer shots as they finish, they look like they will be something.

>>Not to steal your your thunder sterces.

Plenty of thunder to go around. No worries.

My belief is that anybody can grow frosty buds with the right genetics.

Sterces.

15. Hey guys,
    Looks like the comparison didn't work out for any of us! I still have 16 god buds but I have to leave in a month, for a month so I will prob have to chop everything and freeze it all fresh cuz I won't have time to dry and cure.

Makes me sad this great idea didn't work out but it just goes to show, u can't plan plants!

They are all doing very well tho, I will try to get some pics up for those peeking at this thread in hopes of seeing god bud. A couple are purpling out very well, super sexy!

Still have a soil comparison going; between Happy Frog Natural & Organic, and my own mix based on my friend Subcool's super soil recipe, with a few twists due to pointers from the man to make it a little more nutrient balanced for god bud (should be water only entire life). But I won't have enough time to check the true reliability of the soil, I will have to recycle it after I chop.

Well guys it still makes me sad but things work out for a reason.

16. sterces,

Actually I just added the days up. Those shots were at 45 days. They're at 50 days today and I may be picking some top buds from the Northern Lights today.

I will take some more pictures as the God bud gets ready. It usually takes 56 days but they are getting tempting.

I'm also growing an F1 Hybrid of my old NL#5 and God bud....nice buds on that puppy.

Later.

17. I took some pictures at 50 days.

NL#5-3

God Bud-2

God Bud x NL#5-3

The 3 stooges-1

Attached Files:

18. Hi Ccostal,

>> have to chop everything and freeze it all fresh cuz I won't have time to dry and cure.
    Sorry to hear it is not working out for you either. Nice looking plant, I hope you get something out of it.

Hello Slowhand,

Sweet looking buds.

I am envious of the God Bud but your NL#5 makes me smile. I have 6 of them growing right now to find a mother.

The picture of the God Bud just makes me want it more. Thanks for posting.

Sterces

19. Good luck on picking your NL#5 Mom.

I picked an 18" upright one so I could grow more of them in my space. Nice plant that NL#5 is!

20. Hello Slowhand,

I was wondering, since you have two of the strains I am trying to get could you tell me what they taste like and what the buzz is like?

I am looking for different tases and less couch locking highs in my new strains.

Sterces.