God bless the 4th amendment!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by stonedstyle, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Haven't been on the city for quite some time, but i got to tell everyone this. Earlier today, i'm headed to my buddies house to get a bag, and right after i get done gettin gas, i get pulled over, (loud exhaust). Cop comes up to my car, of course asks for all the shit. I didn't have my license, cuz bout 10 weeks ago i got busted and cop took it, haven't got it back, anywayz. I had to tell him my name, d.o.b., s.s.n., address, etc. He asked why my license was taken away by the cop, (i got busted with weed and smokes), and i said a cigarette ticket (i was 17 at the time). He says ok, and goes back to his car. He comes back up and says he wants to search my car cuz i had a lighter in my door. I'm like, "what!" It was about a 4 minute conversation but basically i said, no you are not searching my car without probable cause. he goes back to his car, comes back up, doesn't even issue me a ticket. I had 2 bowls and bout a ten sack in my pocket and about 100 roaches in my ashtray. God fucking bless the 4th amendment!!! :hello:

2. Thats GG for that cop seriously.

3. I really need to learn the laws cause this stuff will come in handy.

4. The basics really arent that hard....if he asks you, you can say no, or else he wouldnt ask.

I saw on COPS (bored) yesterday some guy that had a qp in his car let a narcotics officer search his car. Dumbass

5. hm... i actually learned about our rights and everything in high school.

i should review them, just to be on the safe side of protecting myself from cops.
    :)

6. Im pretty sure that as the driver, he can search you without permission. But, then again that might be only if you fail a brethalizer.

But I know that cops need premission to search your car and to search passengers.

Its so simple. Just say no to voluntering a search of your car.

7. i was watching some show a long time ago and someone got pulled over and was put in the back of a cop car or something, cant remember, but the cop searched the car without consent or probable cause and opened the trunk and found a dead body. the driver was taken to jail and had a trial and was let off because of the technicality. isnt that nuts.

socki

8. Its great im taking criminology in school and we discussed all of this. A cop can not search your car unless he sees something that is visible or smells it coming form your car. If you are walking down the street you can be high. If a cop frisks you for any reason he can not make you empty your pockets ect... unless he feels a weapon. If he feels a bowl it does not matter you can say no. Also if a cop is asking you to stop or is talking to you, you should ask him if you are "free to leave" If he says no at that moment you are under arrest and do not haev to say a word

9. nice, sounds like a usefull class to take. Yea it is always better to say no, because at the very worst it would go toards like resisting arrest or something like that.