Goal of Iran sanctions is regime collapse, U.S. official says

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Swills, Jan 10, 2012.

1. #1 Swills, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2012
    Goal of Iran sanctions is regime collapse, U.S. official says - The Washington Post

There goes any hopes of having a diplomatic solution with Iran. The US Federal Gov't is continueing to do what it does best, and that's the toppling of regimes/Gov'ts.

Makes sense that they are targeting Iran's Central Bank. Control the money and you control everything. One the first things the rebels in Libya did when they had Gaddafi on the run was to establish a Central Bank. Keep one on Iran and new implementation of banks.

One the more interesting of paragraphs.

:laughing: :rolleyes:

How has Iran been during this Arab Spring? I'm sure US officials would love to see an Egypt style uprising in Iran. The CIA does specialize in such things.

edit: Protests in Iran

Iran Protests: Hundreds Of Thousands March, Tear Gas Fired | 2/14/11

2011 Iranian protests | Wikipedia

2. I'm all for the ousting of the Ayatollah.

3. Iran will become nuclear armed. US will retaliate by assisting Saudia Arabia at becoming nuclear armed. They will then give the green light for various neighbors of China to start building the bomb.

4. All sanctions do is make the lower classes starve. Great job America!

5. [quote name='"dubaba"']All sanctions do is make the lower classes starve. Great job America![/quote]

It's true. Iranians rather be exploited by there own government not outside forces...

Or atleast I would thats for sure

6. I thought Obama said he was going to talk with Iran? What the hell.

7. Fuck it, Nukes for everyone! World full of scared pussies

8. Obama talks with sanctions, then negotiates with drone strikes.

9. Indeed, I'd equate his negotiating mo with that of Bruce Willis in the fifth element.

10. This isn't what he campaigned on. He said he would sit down with Iran and talk. Funny shit. What's funny is how silent the same people are who bad mouthed Bush and blamed Bush for everything are now silent when it comes to Obama not doing what he said he would do.

11. [​IMG]

12. So you basically try to starve the population into revolting...How is that not an Act of War?

13. The collapse of the regime in Iran is the best hope for the people of Iran.

14. Who is the threat to peace? Iran or the USA?

15. Collapses have been done before. In fact, I think it's because of the last collapse the Iranian are subjected to the shitty Gov't they are dealing with right now. I also think the US/CIA was directly involved in that, perhaps blow back,... so hold on to your butts, here we go again!

16. Do you mean 1979?

17. #17 Messiah Decoy, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012

Well the US is clearly the aggressor in this case.

Americans never think how we'd react if some country we hated imposed sanctions on us to force "regime change".

18. IDK maybe the country who has military bases surrounding the other, along with bases spread throughout the world.

19. holyfucktits. How ridiculous is our goddam Govt getting?!

i lose hope every single fucking news article I read.

20. I love your avatar. Yeah that's the one I was thinking about, but the US/CIA involvement goes back farther than that, so it becomes a complicated web of deceit, corruption, violence, etc, so what comes around goes around, and away we go!