Goa Trance/Trance/Techno

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Mindgnome, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Alrighty, well to start off, I have been getting into the rave scene over the last twoish months. I have found some pretty good groups/artists, but I was wondering if there were any other artists out there that use ethnic instruments and stuff in their music, like simon postford (shpongle/hallucinogen/younger brother) does in his music. These ethnic instruments in the songs seem to get me into a trance and I love it. Anyways, if you have any ideas, post below.

2. Infected Mushroom and Astral Projection are two that come to mind. Also, check out BT's album "ESCM".

Goa Trance is really the only type of trance I can listen to; the drum parts arent syncopated enough for me to really get into it. However, I bet some Molly at a rave would make me a believer!

I prefer dubstep/old skool jungle/breaks/house more.

3. 1200 Micrograms for sure. Check them out.

I agree with rumandromanism that Infected and Astral are worth checking out, but if you like newer stuff better then you could also check out Cosma and Vibe Tribe.

There are many names out there, so my best bet for you would be to go and download a Goa/Psytrance compilation. They always hold gold. :D