GO2011- It's almost here!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Mikeee420, Feb 7, 2011.

1. #1 Mikeee420, Feb 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2011
    EDIT:I tried digging some holes at a spot I had in mind today. Fail. After going about a foot down, I hit an inpenetrable layer of rock. Looks like I cant plant there after all.
    On a lighter note, I scoped a bunch of soil n stuff of that sort at Home Depot and Lowes. Among the products they have for sale, I found Miracle Grow brand Organic Choice Bone meal and blood meal. Do you all think this will be decent quality to use for stage 1?
    Also, I found many types of mulch;composted mulch, cypress mulch, and red mulch. What would be best to use for my purpose?
    There were many types of moss also, spanish moss, sheet moss, spaghum moss, spaghum peat moss. I dont really know whats best for my purposes and would appreciate if you all could help me. Thanks.

Hey everyone. This year Im taking the plunge and starting my own grow. Seeing as I dont want to fail, I've been researching the shit out of it. After countless hours of research I've put this plan together that I think will work best for my goal(guerilla grow of 3-4 LST'd plants in a desert/dry environment). What do you guys think? Most of this has come from various posts on these forums; the amount of knowledge on this message board is immense and for that I thank you all.

Oh and btw, the seeds Im planning on using are these.
    Manadala Seeds 8 Miles High

Stage3=Veg
    Stage4=Flowering
    Stage5=Harvest/Processing
    Stage420=Tea making
    March-Begin Stage1
    April-Begin Stage2, Plant seedlings,Begin Stage3
    May-Stage3
    June-Stage3
    July-Stage3 end possibly,Start stage4
    August-Stage 3 end possibly, Start stage4
    September-Stage4
    October-Stage 4, Possibly Stage 5
    November-Stage 4 Possibly, Stage 5
    December-Enjoy:)
    Foldable shovel
    pH tester
    Tape measure
    Bone meal
    Blood meal
    Composted Manure
    Rock dust
    Mulch
    _Stage2__________________________________________________________
    Styrofoam cups
    Miracle Grow Organic Choice/Basic Organic Soil
    (Earth)Worm Castings
    Vermiculite
    Spray bottle
    Seeds
    _Stage3__________________________________________________________
    Brown paper bags
    Folding shovel
    Worm castings
    Compost
    Vermiculite
    Peat('Lakeland' brand)
    Mix from Stage1
    Dolomite Lime(powdered)
    Mulch
    3" nails
    Hemp Twine
    Garlic
    Mothballs
    Organic Tea
    _Stage4__________________________________________________________
    Fiskars gardening scissors
    Hand microscope
    Organic Tea
    _Stage5__________________________________________________________
    Fiskars scissors
    Rubber gloves
    Container to hold harvested plant parts
    Mason Jars
    _Stage420________________________________________________________
    Canned sardines
    Sea weed
    Saw dust
    Unsulphured molasses
    Epsom salts
    Pot
    Stirrer
    Screen
    Fiskars gardening scissors

to allow for microorganisms to start living in the soil. Will dig the
    holes 2'X2'X2'.
    The recipe for this soil mix is:
    \t1.5 cups blood meal,
    \t1.0 cups bone meal
    \t1.5 shovel composted manure
    \tsome rock dust
    \t20% of hole native soil
    \tDolomite lime if pH is too low
    Mix all of the above together and then cover with mulch. Leave it for a month or two.
    Good stuff is gonna grow in there.
    _Stage2__________________________________________________________
    Mix the organic soil, worm castings, and vermiculite in this ratio:
    \t3 parts soil
    \t3 parts worm castings
    \t1 part vermiculite
    Poke holes in bottom of cups(for drainage) and fill with soil. Run water through the soil and make
    sure it drains well. Let it drain. Then put seed about 1/2" deep into soil with
    the pointy side down.Mist the soil after putting the seed in. THe soil shold be moist but
    not soaking. Gently water it every few days as it dries out. Keep doing this until theyre
    about 2 weeks old. Then its time to move em!
    _Stage3__________________________________________________________
    At this point the plants go outside. Cut the cups to get the plants out. We're going to
    have to go back to those holes we dug a month or so back. Remove as much of the mulch from
    the top of the mix from Stage1. Then line the sides with the brown paper bags before adding
    the following mix:
    \t20% worm castings
    \t30% compost
    \t15% vermiculite
    \t15% Peat
    \tThe remaining 20% is the mix from Stage1
    After the holes are full, carefully transplant the plants from the cups to the soil-filled
    hole. Make a dirt perimiter around the plant on the surface to keep water by the stem. Cover
    the area around the stem with mulch. Put some garlic around the plant, and pee around the area
    every time you visit.Also, put mothballs in a cup somewhere near the plant, but make sure it's
    hidden.This is for animals. Outside the dirt perimeter, nail into the normal dirt
    the 3" nails. These are anchors for the LST. Using the hemp twine, make slip knots around the
    stem after the 3rd leaf set. Follow basic LST procedure as the plant continues to grow.
    Water as needed(every day or every other day).To see if it needs watering, put your fingers
    about 1-2" into the soil. If its wet still, watering isn't needed; let it dry out some more.
    There's no need to add anything but water until about a month later. Once this period of
    just watering has ended, you can add teas. To make the tea see stage420. Continue this, trimming
    any branches/leaves as needed. Watch for males; cut those little shits out before they can
    ruin everything.
    _Stage4__________________________________________________________
    The buds are coming! Just watch them grow while continueing to water. Take a hand microscope
    when you go visit to observe the trichromes. Once they turn from clear to a 50/50 combo of
    cloudy and amber, its ready to harvest.
    _Stage5__________________________________________________________
    Harvest has arrived.. all the hard work is finally going to pay off. First, trim all the fan
    leaves off so its just the stems and the nugs. Then cut the side branches off, then cut the
    main stem at the base. Now hang them in a dark, ventilated area to dry. Once they have hung for
    a week, its ok to cut the nugs from the stems. Then let them dry for another week. If when
    bent the stems make a snapping sound, its dry enough to smoke. If desired, you can put the nugs
    (if COMPLETELY dry) in airtight glass jars to cure. Just open them up every now and then to get
    some air circulation. Enjoy !!
    _Stage420________________________________________________________
    Fill a 5 gallon pot halfway with the following ingredients in the same proportions:
    \tCanned sardines
    \tSea weed-(wash it well to remove salt)
    \tSaw dust
    \t2tbs unsulphured molasses
    \t2tbs Epsom salts(dont add until the tea is ready)
    Let it sit, stirring a little bit every day. Put a screen over the top to keep bugs out.After
    1-2 weeks when it smells like yeast and is foamy, add the epsom salts and it is ready. Strain
    the mixture. Dilute 1l of this liquid to 3-5l of water. To feed the leaves of the plant, dilute
    the mixture a bit more and add a few drops of lquid soap(the soap makes the solution stick to
    the leaves) and put it in a spray bottle. Dont use this tea more than once every couple weeks.

2. #2 LDSR, Feb 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2011
    Very nice planning. Only thing I would add is check first and last frosts in your area (if u haven't already), travel at night, try not to make trails, try to keep plot as natural looking as possible (no brown circle with green middle)and plan how to get water to your babies. Again very nice planning. When u say desert region...there is other vegetation around your plot?

3. Yeah there is other mid level vegetation, like waist high to around 7'. Like little mesquite bushes 'n shit like that if you know what those are.

4. Yeah that's pretty good. Good luck!

5. Overall very well thought out plan. You got some good ideas there, sounds like a lot of watering.

I have some thoughts and suggestions for you:
    Stage 1 Will you be watering the hole during that month? If it's desert environment it may be too dry for things to grow in your mix.

Stage 2 Put the cups in something or cover their tops after planting, watering, misting. You can put them in ziplock bags or tupperware type container. Cuts your water needs and keeps the air moist.

Stage 3 3" nails for LST? These babies are gonna be tuggin on that nail as they grow, might want to consider 12" nails.

Stage420 Might want to try some aeration when brewing your tea, here's a link to an article on brewing compost tea and they say the aeration is the key. Don't know yours may be working on a different principle.
    Brewing Compost Tea - Fine Gardening Article

6. Its funny you mentioned that for stage 1 and 3.. I. I had questions about the very things you said. I'll definitely take your comments in to mind thanks man