Gnats..

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Merfolk, Mar 17, 2008.

1. So i went into my little grow space, and i see one of thease bastards flying around, just one, i further inspect my room and i do not find anything, near the plants or in the air - i killed that one -

Should i be worried for more? im going to seal up any loose ends that is allowing them in..

Suggestions? My local wally world has some bug repellent, mabey ill get that?

What about the yellow strips you can hang in the room?

2. Also, i know i could get neem oil etc etc - But seeing one of thease things, do i have to worry?

No doubt there is more, but i did not see any with my search, going to seal abit more then take it from there..

3. When i see my first one, i start to get diligent and check em very often for more, nip the problem in the bud before it gets out of hand.
    I have had good luck with neem oil when it did however. I have heard strips work well too.
    Be sure to check under the leaves, and lightly spray the top of the soil and see if you see anything scurry for cover.

4. Like Anony said take care of that problem now before it explodes into an infestation. Fungus gnats also live, or dwell, in the soil as well as their eggs and larvae. Neem will probably do the trick if it's a small problem but you might want to move up to something else that attacks the larvae if the problem gets worse. Use the yellow strips in conjunction with the neem to catch the adults. Hold off on any hardcore synthetic pestisides, you don't want that on your ladies. Overwatering, poor air flow and high humidity contribute to fungus gnats.

5. Yea, i should clarify, i meant spray water gently on the top soil to see if there are bugs in the soil, or when you water, they tend to run for cover.

6. Nothing in the soil, but im going to take all precaution and spray it everyother day or so..

I dont do anything like that!

I let my plants Dry , and search for water to prevent Overwatering

Air flow, shit i think i have too much!? keeps my temps way down

38-45 % humidity is all i ever see on my high low settings =(

--

I think its cause its the basement with the foundation exposed - Ill do my best to take care of this, i dont think it will turn into a problem, if i bite it in the ass now.

7. Yeah there are other causes of those little shits. I've had bags of soil left outside at the retailer and those bags were infested with bugs :(.